Before you get into the kitchen, you should take notice of several parameters. What would those be?
The options menu is divided into 3 parts: General, Video and Audio.
The General Tab
- Language - allows us to change the language version of the game.
- Text speed - the windows with text in the game are "silent" and disappear quite quickly, so it is useful to reduce the display speed; this option allows us to do it. We recommend values close to 70%.
- Field of View (FOV) - recommended value: at least 70. Lower values on the PC can disrupt the perception of scale and distance, resulting in unnatural and unpleasant sensations during the game. On TVs, things look different (hence the lower FOV in console games, is the norm).
- Unlock Context Control - it is highly recommended not to disable this function, as it is very useful when we need to carefully stack or manipulate objects.
- Vertical sync - attention, it affects performance (this option belongs to the video section). This option works as follows:
If you have problems with the image (for example - animation being jittery, with horizontal bars) - ENABLE the vertical sync;
If you don't experience any problems with how animation is displayed, by the game has the potential to run at a higher framerate, DISABLE it.
- The controller options are, of course, only for people who want to play with a game pad, but having seen the struggle of the developer with the pad, we recommend the keyboard and mouse combo.
The latest patch for the game also introduced 2 new features:
- Invert Y axis - allows you to change (flip) the mouse reaction to up \ down movement.
- Invert X axis - allows you to change (flip) the mouse reaction to right \ left movement
The Audio Tab
In addition to the ability to silence music (you can't turn of the menu music alone), there are 2 other interesting things, both related to music - and as the note next to the radio suggests, music will help your sanity, so you should take interest in this.
How to add your own songs in Cooking Simulator? Look at bottom left - the MP3 path is the location of the folder where you can import .mp3 files with our favorite music, which will then be played in the game.
On the right - Internet Radio - with the station "Creative Cafe" visible. This, in turn, allows streaming online radio broadcasts, as well as the ability to add those that we personally like.
Unfortunately, one cumbersome nuance is that the game does not want to work with M3U playlists and derivatives, which means that the activation of multiple streams can cause problems - you need the page address (IP, htm, html) of the stream instead of the playlist. We've been able to sort this out by feeding a link of a radio broadcast from the following link:
More advanced users can insert links directly to the file:
When it comes to video settings, they're largely a matter of individual preferences, so it's difficult to give any universal advice. A popular reason for whining on the game's forums, and something we ourselves noticed during tests, is that the game is keen on RAM like Google Chrome, so it's safe to assume that more RAM is more important for the game than a powerful GPU.
<br>For comparison: how the game looks on the lowest (top) and highest (bottom) settings.<br>
After sorting out the settings, it's time to start the kitchen rampage.