On this page of our game guide to Control you can find out how long it takes to complete the entire Foundation DLC expansion. We have prepared information about the length of the main and side missions and the number of additional attractions waiting to be discovered.
- Completion of all main and side missions of the Foundation add-on should take you around 4 hours. There are 3 main missions and 3 side missions to complete. It may seem like a lot, but some of the tasks available in the DLC are quite long. Jesse also has to fight more battles with elite opponents and defeat two different fully-fledged bosses. There's a good chance you'll fail many confrontations on the first attempt. Thus, game time can be extended by repeating the fights.
- Another 2-3 hours are required in order to explore and examine 100% of all new locations. The caves of the Foundation shown in the above picture are the main areas to explore, but they are in fact even more complex, as some locations have multiple floors. In addition to the caves, you'll also spend some time in the astral realm where Jesse can unlock other "levitating" platforms and explore them.
- Backtracking is present in the DLC, as Jesse can only reach certain areas and treasures after unlocking two new powers - Shape and Fracture. To some extent, The Foundation resembles the metroidvania-type games.
- Foundation DLC trophies require you to find 100% of the secrets available in this add-on, and it can be quite time-consuming. Maneki-neko cat figurines are by far the most well-hidden items and they can also force you to solve environmental puzzles. In addition, in order to unlock all achievements, you must discover all Hidden locations and collect all collectibles / secrets.
- The other trophies are not too difficult. These include the use of new powers, the use of shield ramming abilities, and the elimination of new types of opponents. After you've dealt with all the collectibles, then unlocking all other trophies required to get the 100% completion of the DLC will be just a piece of cake.