This section of the Control guide inform you how to unlock other powers for Jesse Faden. At the beginning of the game, the heroine of Control, is almost defenseless. After some time, the woman gets a weapon and... that is all for now. What about the other powers? How to unlock them?
You unlock new skills by completing specific main missions and some side quests. Try to get the skills listed below as soon as possible. Each of them has its use - whether its combat, exploration, keeping Jesse alive, finding secrets, etc.
- Repulsion/Melee - Jesse repels enemies/targets in front of her causing them damage. This power is activated very quickly, during the first fights in the game.
- Launch - Lift objects, works like telekinesis. You unlock this power quite quickly - during Unknown Caller main mission. You learn Launch after purifying the floppy disk.
- Evade - You learn this skill during A merry chase side mission. Evade is very useful and it allows you to, e.g. extend the jump.
- Shield - Jesse creates a cover made out of rocks, which negates the damage. You learn this ability by completing A good defense side mission.
- Seize - It allows you to capture opponents when they have very little health. You unlock this ability during A captive audience side mission.
- Levitate - Levitation is insanely useful, although unlocked at a later stage of the game, during My brother's keeper main mission.