This section of the Control guide will inform you which abilities are the best and which ones should be unlocked first. In Control, Jessie acquires skill points for completing tasks. When you go to a checkpoint, you can choose the skills tab and make improvements, or buy a completely new ability for the heroine.
Most useful skills in Control
The best skills in the game that can be unlocked are Health, Energy and Launch.
- Health. Subsequent improvements increase health which is always useful. The first level gives you +10% health, 2, 3 and 4 give you +20% health, and the last level adds +30% more health. Remember to increase the heroine's life on a regular basis, especially before fights with optional bosses.
- Launch. Definitely the best ability in the game. Its further development greatly raises the launch power which will make the fights easier. Launch 1 gives +25% damage, 2, 3 and 4 give +50% Launch damage, Launch 5 gives +75% damage. This should be the first ability you buy. After that, remember to develop it regularly.
- Energy. Increases the energy bar which allows you to use powers more frequently during combat. Another absolute must-have - remember to develop it regularly. Energy 1 gives +10% energy, Energy 2, 3 and 4 +20%, and Energy +5 gives you + 30% energy.
Useful skills to get in the later part of the game
Below we have listed a few skills that, in our opinion, are worth unlocking in the later part of the game. You don't have to buy them all. A lot depends on your playstyle and whether you like Jesse's specific skills or noty.
- Launch Explosives. With this skill, you are able to send rockets and grenades back to enemies. This ability is especially useful during fights against enemies equipped with rocket launchers. Remember that each rocket can deal massive damage to Jesse - grabbing projectiles mid-air helps you avoid injuries.
- Shield. Each consecutive upgrade increases the Shield's durability. Try to reach one of its highest upgrade levels. A strong Shield will be useful against some of the bosses or battles with larger groups of enemies.
- Seize heavy enemies. Besides developing the Seize skill, you should also get this upgrade. With it, you will be able to use mind control on weakened "elite" enemies and make them Jesse's allies. Helpful in many larger battles.
- Levitate. Its upgrades let you stay longer in the air. They will help you during fights and exploration (searching for secret rooms). Levitate is also useful in rooms with large holes in the ground.