Information about orders
Orders in Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 are downloaded by using the quick menu (green headphone icon) but you can't stand next to a car (when you do that the icon is different and it allows you to check repairs done on that particular car) or by clicking on the phone that is on the desk.
There is no limit for how much orders do you want to have active at the same time, you only need to have enough space in the garage to store a new car - you can later move it to a different place and take new order. They can appear and disappear in their specified period. Some orders that are on the list have bonuses (very rarely) - money or experience. Usually, a bonus is about +30% of basic amount that you can earn.
By completing an order you receive money and experience for your character. In most of the cases the experience is almost identical, however, the amount of money that you get for orders can differ: it depends on number of replaced parts and level of complexity of repairs, uniqueness of a given car, how much did you managed to save on parts (using parts that are left from other repairs or fixing those that are broken by yourself).
Additional important information:
- A car can be returned to its owner at any moment (in a complete state) if you don't want to repair it anymore - you get a certain part of what you could have earned (doesn't apply to story orders).
- You won't get any experience if you don't finish repairs!
- You don't have to use brand new parts to repair a car - however, parts need to have a higher percentage in their condition than those specified in an order description.
- If you don't have many diagnosis tools you should choose to repair newer cars and those that require almost brand new parts in their repairs. Other parts of those cars are working and are clean so a diagnosis "by eye" is perfect here - you can easily notice damaged parts.
- In the early parts of the game some cars are either fully or partially diagnosed. Information about a list of parts that must be repaired is provided in parenthesis in an order's description of faulty parts. Damaged parts are also visible in "examine mode" and are marked in red.
- Warning - story orders can't be finished "prematurely". In order to avoid frustration you should check out descriptions of story orders that are included in this guide.
Making progress in the game
Further progress and unlocking new upgrades is based mostly on your experience. More complicated orders (in the beginning you deal with brakes, suspension and engine timing) are unlocked when you have more experience, new abilities as well as upgrades for your workshop received after each few levels. If you want to know how to get experience faster you can check out the chapter dedicated to that topic.
You have probably noticed that there is always one order, marked in blue and with a caption "story order". Completing them gives you no money but each new order is more difficult than the previous one, they aren't that different from each other and, of course, they can eventually end.