This chapter of Call of Duty Cold War allows you to decrypt the floppy disk for Operation Chaos. This page of the guide will help you gain access to a side mission that will affect the ending of the game.
To unlock the side mission, you'll need to decrypt a floppy disk containing important information. First, however, you need to find evidence and materials that will allow you to connect all the threads:
- Coded Message - you can obtain it while interrogating Quasim in the first campaign mission. Just ask the suspect who Arash is going to meet with,
- Front Page of the Observer - you will find it in the Redlight, Greenlight mission. You need to take a picture of the map on the wall, where enemy soldiers are performing a drill (stick to the right side of the location),
- Numbers Station Broadcast - you will find it in the Brick in the Wall mission. During the stealth sequence, after the meeting with the agent, you will have an additional task to do. Proceed with it. There is a tape on one of the tables nearby your target location.
Before you start decrypting the floppy disk, keep in mind that the results obtained from the evidence may differ in each playthrough. The game randomly selects a password, numbers and keywords needed to solve the puzzle. Below you will find a method to decrypt the floppy disk.
Decryption method - example
This material belongs to the easier ones. Open the newspaper and look at the letters highlighted in red. Write them down in the order of appearance. (from left to right). In this case, as in the photo above, we get the following letters - N, H, E, E, L, A. You can now open the tape with the station numbers and change the order of the letters in such a way as to get the name of a city. In this case, it's HELENA. Write down the number of HELENA from the numbers station tape. You've just found the number needed to decrypt the disk.
Here you need to have a closer look at the sequence of red and blue numbers. The numbers that are under the question marks will create a code that you can compare with the numbers station tape. This will be your password.
- Our red numbers are the following: 04, ?, 18, 22, 24. Notice that the difference between 18 and 22 is 4, and between 22 and 24 - 2. That means the difference with every following number is 2. Our target number is 12.
- Our blue numbers are: 25, ?, 37, 43, 49. Notice a pattern here. The difference between 37 and 43 is 6. Same as between 43 and 49. So the subsequent numbers go up by 6 each. Our target number will be 31.
Here's your code - 1231. Now find that number on the numbers station tape and write down the city associated with that number. The city is our password.
Now you can enter the obtained numbers and passwords into the floppy disk. Go to disk decryption (select the mission menu, on the evidence board) - enter the numbers first, then the password.