In Apex Legends, Shotguns are divided into semi-automatic or automatic. Both types are characteristic for their huge recoil, making them effective on short ranges only. Following their low rate of fire, sometimes you'll be able to fire only a single shot which may decide upon your future in the King's Canyon. If you miss, the enemy will have a lot of time to fire a few shots before your shotgun is loaded again.
- In close combat, aim for the upper body, to eliminate your target instantly.
- On medium ranges, make sure to aim for the body, but remember that you'll need to fire a few times before you manage to eliminate the opponent.
- Aim first, then fire.
- If your opponent is further away, switch to a rifle or a pistol.
Shotgun guide to Apex Legends contains:
Peacekeeper - the best shotgun
Even if the game contains a Legendary shotgun (Mastiff Shotgun) you encounter it so rarely that it should be Peacekeeper to hold the mantle of the best shotgun in-game. Thanks to its accuracy, high rate of fire and the ability to deal major damage, Peacekeeper is a deadly weapon in close contact. The weapon holds 6 rounds, each dispersing into 11 separate projectiles that deal 10 damage to body and 15 for a headshot. As you can easily count, one shot can equal up to 110 damage to the body and 165 for a headshot.
The screenshot above shows the spray pattern of Peacekeeper. Considering the characteristic shape of the spread, it may turn out that not all projectiles will hit the enemy's head. If you want to deal as much damage as possible, you need to aim for the upper body.
Peacekeeper'a can hold following modifications:
- Mag - A bigger clip is especially important in case of shotguns.
- Barrel - lowers the recoil.
- Optic - An additional scope will increase the accuracy of the weapon, especially when firing from a longer distance.
Mastiff is, without doubt, one of the best weapons in Apex Legends. This unique weapon can only be found at supply capsules, which makes it difficult to encounter it. Mastiff uses a completely different type of ammo than other shotguns, making you unable to replenish it in any way. Once you pick-up the weapon, you receive 24 ammo - 4 in the chamber and 20 secondary ammo. Mastiff is a deadly weapon on short and medium range. A body shot deals 144 damage, while a headshot deals a whopping 288 damage! Following its unique characteristics, Mastiff does not offer any space for upgrades.
The screenshot above shows the spray pattern for Mastiff. The bullets are fired in a line, making it difficult to hit a target which is far away from the player. While using this weapon, you need to stay close to your target.
Eva-8 AUTO is another example of shotguns found in Apex Legends. EVA-8 AUTO is a shotgun with much bigger rate of fire than the remaining weapons in this category. The weapon holds 8 rounds in the clip. A successful shot can deal up to 126 damage in case of a body shot and 180 in case of a headshot.
The screenshot above shows the spray pattern of EVA-8 AUTO. Following the characteristic shape of the spread, it may turn out that not all projectiles will hit the enemy's head. If you want to deal as much damage as possible, aim for the upper body.
EVA-8 AUTO can hold following upgrades:
- Mag - a bigger clip is especially important in case of shotguns.
- Optic - an additional scope will increase the accuracy of the weapon, especially when firing from a longer distance.
Mozambique is a unique shotgun looking like a pistol that utilizes the same ammunition as the other shotguns. One shot, provided all of the projectiles have reached their target, can deal 45 (in case of a body shot) or 66 (in case of a headshot) damage.
The screenshot above shows the spray pattern for Mozambique. The bullets create an irregular pattern which makes it difficult to hit their target if the person firing is standing in the distance. To maintain effectiveness, you need to stand as close to your target as possible.
Mozambique can hold following modifications:
- Shotgun Bolt - increases the speed of the weapon.
- Optic - an additional scope increases the accuracy of the weapon, especially when firing from a longer distance.