The guide for Ancestors Legacy contains all information that is necessary to complete the game in 100%. You can find walkthroughs for all campaign missions, read tips and learn how to play as each of the factions efficiently. In our guide you can also find answers to questions such as how to use your army efficiently, learn how to gain advantage by using units' weak and strong points or check out the list of the achievements.
- Descriptions of the available factions
- How much time do I need to beat Ancestors Legacy?
- Ancestors Legacy in a nutshell
Here, you can find starting tips that will make Ancestors Legacy easier for you. Also, this chapter contains information about the game's interface and available game modes.
Here, you can find additional information - you can learn about the PC controls, check out system requirements and the list of achievements available in the game.
This chapter is dedicated to problems with Ancestors Legacy. Read answers to the questions related to the game - which difficulty level is recommended for the campaign, how to fight efficiently, how to unlock all campaigns etc.
- Which difficulty level should I choose for the campaign?
- How to fight efficiently?
- How to unlock all campaigns?
- How to increase army population?
- How to upgrade units?
- How to conquer and defend villages efficiently?
- How to get resources?
Descriptions of the available factions
This part of the guide contains information about the available factions. Ancestors Legacy features the following factions: Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Germans and Slavs. Each of the factions has strong and weak points as well as strategies that can be used to counter them.
Walkthrough - descriptions of the missions
Here, you can find our complete walkthrough - descriptions of all the missions available in Ancestors Legacy. The game features 6 campaigns during which you will play as four factions - Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Germans and Slavs. You will be able to control historical characters such as: Ulf Ironbeard, Rurik, Edward the Confessor, Harold II Godwinson, Rudolf I or Mieszko I. Usually, these missions are very challenging and they require a lot of patience.
- Off the Course
- Rebuilding Forces
- Unexpected Allies
- The Last Impediment
- The Lindisfarne Riches
- Brotherly Help
- The Fate of Belozersk
- Battle on Two Fronts
- Losing Your Kin
- Not all Surprises are Welcome
- The Lesser Earls
- Wells Under Siege
- Missing Supplies
- The Battle of Gloucester
- Calm before the Storm
- Enemy at the Gates
- We Are The Resistance
- Before They Find Out
- The Battle of Hastings
- Ignoble Knights
- Reclaiming Styria
- The Siege of Vienna
- The Worst Advisors
- Battle of Durnkrut
- Wichmann's Raid
- No Excuses
- Troubles from the West
- The Battle of Cedynia
How much time do I need to beat Ancestors Legacy?
Ancestors Legacy features 6 campaigns - each has 5 missions. These missions can be really long and can often take you more than an hour. This means that the campaign on the default difficulty level can take you 25-30 hours to beat. In addition to that the game also has skirmishes mode where you can fight on special maps and in two different modes - Annihilation and Domination. All of this makes Ancestors Legacy a lengthy RTS with a lot of content - what is more, the developers are planning on releasing more historical campaigns.
Ancestors Legacy in a nutshell
- A complex RTS game developed by Destructive Creations, a Polish indie developer. The game is set in medieval times and the campaign is based on historical events.
- During the game you will control four different factions: Slavs, Germans, Vikings and Anglo-Saxons.
- The game mechanics focus on large-scale battles and the key to success is to come up with the right tactic based on terrain.
- Besides battles in open space, you can also conquer towns and villages that belong to your enemies. Don't forget about economics: expand your base and gather resources.
- The game features diverse missions - depending on a goal you may have to, e.g. build armies, defend yourself in castle ruins, control single heroes and perform sabotages or conquer strongholds by using siege weaponry.
- The game's overall difficulty is rather high (even the default one can cause problems). However, despite of that, the game is highly satisfying.
Grzegorz Misztal (www.gamepressure.com)
About Ancestors Legacy Game Guide
Author : Grzegorz "Alban3k" Misztal for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Ancestors Legacy Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Destructive Creations
- publisher: 1C
- platform: PC, XONE, PS4
More About Ancestors Legacy
Covid-19 gradually bled through, slowly encircled the whole world, paralyzing cities, then countries; companies and entire industries. What effect has the pandemic had on development of video games? Well, we have good and bad news.