This unofficial guide for Thief includes, to a large extent, a very detailed walkthrough for all of the chapters of the single player mode. In this walkthrough, the greatest stress has been put on constant remaining in hiding and on avoiding raising the alarms, as well as any direct confrontations. As a result, this guide suggests how to avoid guards effectively, disarm traps and deal with many other threats. Of course, in the text, you can also find information on the advantages of the thorough exploration of the surroundings, i.e. the opportunity to collect standard loot, unique collectibles, documents and secret areas. This has been enriched with numerous screenshots and maps of the more complex locations. Another big chapter of this guide offers a description of the city's main part and the clock tower, i.e. of the locations that serve the purpose of hubs, which are visited between the main missions themselves. That chapter also discusses all of the available side missions, which usually concentrate on stealing treasures from houses of selected citizens. The remaining chapters of this guide focus, among others, on listing the secret items, additional challenges, the main protagonist's equipment, upgrades to that equipment and focus, as well as on the available achievements that can be unlocked within the Steam service. Thief is another installment of the popular franchise of Stealth games, where you, again, take control of the perfectly trained thief named Garrett. This time around, you take part in a completely different adventure that takes place in a Victorian-Steampunk metropolis, called the City. The main protagonist spends the majority of his time by staying in the shadows and robbing from the rich and corrupt citizens of their valuables, while avoiding to leave any track of his presence.
This guide for Thief includes:
- A detailed walkthrough for all the chapters of the single player mode (the highest difficulty level);
- A detailed description of all the side missions;
- Tips concerning the completion of the mission objectives, avoiding of guards and neutralizing the other potential threats;
- Information on the loot to be collected in the individual locations;
- Information on the additional challenges;
- A list of all the available collectibles;
- A list of all the secret areas;
- A list of all the upgrades to the equipment, focus offered by traders;
- Information on Garrett's basic and supplementary equipment;
- A list of achievements.
Jacek "Stranger" Halas (www.gry-online.pl)
About Thief Game Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
last update : May 05, 2016
Guide contains : 204 pages, 774 images, 26 maps and annotated illustrations.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Thief Game Guide
Thief Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Eidos Studios
- publisher: Square-Enix / Eidos
- platform: PC, XBOX360, PS3, XONE, PS4
- rated: PEGI: Age 16+ / ESRB: Mature
Garrett, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City. In this treacherous place, where the Baron’s Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Even the most cautious citizens and their best-guarded possessions are not safe from his reach.
As an uprising emerges, Garrett finds himself entangled in growing layers of conflict. Lead by Orion, the voice of the people, the tyrannized citizens will do everything they can to claim back the City from the Baron’s grasp. The revolution is inevitable. If Garrett doesn’t get involved, the streets will run red with blood and the City will tear itself apart.
- YOU ARE GARRETT, THE MASTER THIEF: Step into the silent shoes of Garrett, a dark and lonely thief with an unrivaled set of skills. The most challenging heists, the most inaccessible loots, the best kept secrets: nothing is out of your reach.
- THE CITY: YOURS FOR THE TAKING: Explore the sick and troubled City, from its shady back alleys to the heights of its rooftops. Sneak into rich houses, Infiltrate the best-guarded mansions and lurk in every dark corner… unnoticed and unsanctioned.
- CHOOSE YOUR APPROACH: Leverage Garrett’s arsenal to take down guards with your blackjack, shoot one of your many arrow types or use your newly acquired focus abilities to manipulate the environment and outsmart your enemies. What kind of master thief will you be?
- UNPRECEDENTED IMMERSION: Become one with the world thanks to ground-breaking visual elements and a truly tactile and visceral first-person experience. Through jaw-dropping Next-Gen technical possibilities, THIEF delivers unprecedented immersion through sights, sounds and artificial intelligence.
Thief PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core i7 3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card 1 GB (Geforce GTX 660 or better), 20 GB HDD, Windows Vista/7/8