Thief Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/204)
This unofficial guide for Thief includes, to a large extent, a very detailed walkthrough for all of the chapters of the single player mode. In this walkthrough, the greatest stress has been put on constant remaining in hiding and on avoiding raising the alarms, as well as any direct confrontations. As a result, this guide suggests how to avoid guards effectively, disarm traps and deal with many other threats. Of course, in the text, you can also find information on the advantages of the thorough exploration of the surroundings, i.e. the opportunity to collect standard loot, unique collectibles, documents and secret areas. This has been enriched with numerous screenshots and maps of the more complex locations. Another big chapter of this guide offers a description of the city's main part and the clock tower, i.e. of the locations that serve the purpose of hubs, which are visited between the main missions themselves. That chapter also discusses all of the available side missions, which usually concentrate on stealing treasures from houses of selected citizens. The remaining chapters of this guide focus, among others, on listing the secret items, additional challenges, the main protagonist's equipment, upgrades to that equipment and focus, as well as on the available achievements that can be unlocked within the Steam service. Thief is another installment of the popular franchise of Stealth games, where you, again, take control of the perfectly trained thief named Garrett. This time around, you take part in a completely different adventure that takes place in a Victorian-Steampunk metropolis, called the City. The main protagonist spends the majority of his time by staying in the shadows and robbing from the rich and corrupt citizens of their valuables, while avoiding to leave any track of his presence.
This guide for Thief includes:
- A detailed walkthrough for all the chapters of the single player mode (the highest difficulty level);
- A detailed description of all the side missions;
- Tips concerning the completion of the mission objectives, avoiding of guards and neutralizing the other potential threats;
- Information on the loot to be collected in the individual locations;
- Information on the additional challenges;
- A list of all the available collectibles;
- A list of all the secret areas;
- A list of all the upgrades to the equipment, focus offered by traders;
- Information on Garrett's basic and supplementary equipment;
- A list of achievements.
Jacek "Stranger" Halas (www.gry-online.pl)
Thief Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/204)
PC X360 PS4 PS3 XONE
Thief Video Game
developer: Eidos Studios
publisher: Square-Enix / Eidos
platform: PC, XBOX360, PS3, XONE, PS4
rated: PEGI: Age 16+ / ESRB: Mature
Garrett, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City. In this treacherous place, where the Baron’s Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Even the most cautious citizens and their best-guarded possessions are not safe from his reach.
As an uprising emerges, Garrett finds himself entangled in growing layers of conflict. Lead by Orion, the voice of the people, the tyrannized citizens will do everything they can to claim back the City from the Baron’s grasp. The revolution is inevitable. If Garrett doesn’t get involved, the streets will run red with blood and the City will tear itself apart.
- YOU ARE GARRETT, THE MASTER THIEF: Step into the silent shoes of Garrett, a dark and lonely thief with an unrivaled set of skills. The most challenging heists, the most inaccessible loots, the best kept secrets: nothing is out of your reach.
- THE CITY: YOURS FOR THE TAKING: Explore the sick and troubled City, from its shady back alleys to the heights of its rooftops. Sneak into rich houses, Infiltrate the best-guarded mansions and lurk in every dark corner… unnoticed and unsanctioned.
- CHOOSE YOUR APPROACH: Leverage Garrett’s arsenal to take down guards with your blackjack, shoot one of your many arrow types or use your newly acquired focus abilities to manipulate the environment and outsmart your enemies. What kind of master thief will you be?
- UNPRECEDENTED IMMERSION: Become one with the world thanks to ground-breaking visual elements and a truly tactile and visceral first-person experience. Through jaw-dropping Next-Gen technical possibilities, THIEF delivers unprecedented immersion through sights, sounds and artificial intelligence.
You are not permitted to copy any image, text or info from this page.
This site is not assotiated with and/or endorsed by the Square-Enix / Eidos or Eidos Studios. Official Thief page at http://www.squaresoft.com/
All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Copyright © 2000 - 2015 GRY-Online S.A. for gamepressure.com, unofficial game guides, walkthroughs,
secrets, game tips, maps & strategies for top games.
Follow us and get updates on our Game Guides and Release Dates.
Comments and responses
Stranger 29/03/2014 11:23
Yes, you can contact us via e-mail if you want to. We are not planning adding info on loot to our maps at the moment. They are used only to show important areas and they're also interactive so it's not like a map is merely an inactive jpg.
mysturee 28/03/2014 12:14
Stranger, I was already aware of that, but thanks for the reminder. I saw the website logo so I realized that I would need to repost my edited maps back onto the gamepressure website, but I thought you guys deserved it for being the only site with maps at the moment =).
Thanks for posting a few more maps. What should I do with my loot maps once I am done with them? Is there somebody I should email them to?
Stranger 26/03/2014 06:20
Hi mysturee, Please remember that our maps are copyright protected... they can't be published anywhere else without our permission. Just a small clarification in case it was needed. ;)this post has been modified by its author [3/26/2014 7:21:48 AM]
mysturee 26/03/2014 04:46
I've been making maps for the Chapters/Jobs that I've completed so far that include the locations for all loot, collectibles, documents, food, poppies, trap mechanism boxes, and secrets. I have maps for most of Chapters 2-6. I'm doing what I can with the maps that I've found on this site, but I can't seem to find the rest of the ones I need anywhere.
I currently need maps for:
-Chapter 1 (All)
-Chapter 3 (Ancient Ruins)
-Chapter 4 (Eastwick's Study & After)
-Chapter 6 (Baron's Laboratory & After)
-All Client Jobs
I'm still working on Chapters 7 & 8, but if the maps are available, I should have them done within a few days.
Also, I was wondering how I'd go about posting these maps on the website. I can send them to somebody to check over or something, but I would like to get credit for doing all this grueling work.
nootje50 08/03/2014 07:03
Why can't i buy the game guides with ideal ?
i dont have a credit card ?
nootje50 08/03/2014 07:02