Test Drive Unlimited Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/73)
Welcome to the unofficial guide to "Test Drive Unlimited", one of the most complex and enjoyable PC racing games of this year. This guide will provide a much needed help mostly for less experienced players. If you're not familiar with this genre or if you have been checking out only typical arcade games in the past, then you're in a right place. Nevertheless, you should know that "Test Drive Unlimited" isn't a simulation. The game is quite simple, especially if you decide to turn on some of the driving aids, however you will have to know a few basic things in order to steer your car properly. The same goes with cutting through corners or using the brakes (including the handbrake). More experienced players will probably want to turn off all driving aids, however I wouldn't recommend doing that right away. The only exception is when you have a professional steering wheel at your disposal. If you're using a keyboard or a gamepad, you should activate one of the driving aids right away. Otherwise you would have some serious problems with most of the corners, especially in the higher (faster) vehicle classes.
This guide consists of three separate chapters. The first chapter is a very short introduction to some of the basic functions of the game. I'd strongly recommend that you choose your first car and house very carefully. You will also learn on how to win the very first race. This chapter will grant you knowledge on steering your car. You will find out about the existence of experience levels and various types of achievements. If you've played any Xbox360 game before, you should be familiar with this last function. The first chapter also includes a full set of maps of the island. You will be able to locate car/bike dealerships and tuning shops. The second set shows locations of all challenge missions. This doesn't include the races because you will be able to locate them on the game map without having to explore the surroundings. The second chapter is much bigger. I've decided to describe ALL singleplayer race challenges for you. There are more than a hundred of them in the game, so there's a lot of reading there. The last chapter focuses all attention on available cars and bikes. I've displayed their parameters. You will also be able to read a short description of the cars in order to figure out what should be bought.
I sincerely hope that you'll find my guide to be very useful. Have fun playing the game. Good luck!
Test Drive Unlimited Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/73)
Test Drive Unlimited
PC X360 PSP PS2
Test Drive Unlimited Video Game
Test Drive Unlimited - Racing Reinvented!
The ultimate automotive and lifestyle gaming experience, Test Drive Unlimited lets gamers race over more than 1000 miles of diverse, photo-realistic Hawaiian terrain with 90 licensed cars and bikes from the world’s most exclusive manufacturers. With a challenging single player game and host of online options enabling gamers to interact with thousands of others simultaneously, Test Drive Unlimited is racing reinvented.
The PC game has been painstakingly adapted and configured to get the very best out of the latest cutting edge PC hardware, allowing it to be played in extremely high resolution with the incredible effects taking the visuals of Test Drive Unlimited to a stunning new level. No monthly subscription is required to play. An already highly successful closed beta test will be followed by an open beta in January 2007 with the aim of ensuring that the PC game is perfect in technical and gameplay terms.
- Test Drive Unlimited redefines the racing genre: over 1000 miles of tropical Hawaiian roadways, instant challenges launched with a flash of the headlights, online functionality allowing thousands of gamers to play and up to 8 to race against each other, and much more.
- New Hardcore Mode: Available in free-ride and multiplayer challenges, simulation mode will expand the experience for players looking for ultra-realistic driving for both cars and bikes. For the cars, telemetric data shows the actual physics modelled on real life parameters (independent grip for each tyre, weight transfer with G-meter, suspension, etc). Adapted to steering wheels and the standard controller, the hardcore mode shows drivers exactly where they succeed and where they need to improve, pushing their driving skills and the vehicles to the very limits;
- Online community: launching in January 2007, www.testdriveunlimited.com/community will play host to a global community of elite racers with Player of the Week section, Leaderboards, Hall of Fame showing top scores in real time, ability to load gamer profiles to compare scores, and more;
- TrackIR support: Innovative TrackIR technology from NaturalPoint delivers an unprecedented level of view control, allowing players to look all around the cockpit of their cars using natural head motions for a more immersive and realistic experience;
- Seamless online connection: Unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions;
- Configured for steering wheels: the PC game will work with most existing wheels, and includes manual clutch management (3 pedals) and H shifter to let players get the very best out of the new Hardcore mode;
- 90 licensed vehicles: Cars and bikes from exclusive manufacturers including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Realistic cars and bikes: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn and more;
- Personalisation: Upgrade each car or bike with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalogue. Players create unique characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with performance kits and new paint jobs;
- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload self-created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- In-game communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;
- Simplified match making and division based rankings make Test Drive Unlimited the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.
You are not permitted to copy any image, text or info from this page.
This site is not assotiated with and/or endorsed by the Atari or Eden Studios. Official Test Drive Unlimited page at http://www.testdriveunlimited.com/
All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Copyright © 2000 - 2015 GRY-Online S.A. for gamepressure.com, unofficial game guides, walkthroughs,
secrets, game tips, maps & strategies for top games.
Follow us and get updates on our Game Guides and Release Dates.
Comments and responses
iMichalloJr 12/08/2014 07:38
Sony, you must visit every dealership on Hawaii. :)
Stranger 27/07/2010 15:24
You can download it from many sources, including Atari's store:
musa_pusa 22/07/2010 09:24
Can anyone tell me please or post link where i can download Test Drive Unlimited?
vistaridge 19/05/2009 06:56
How does one go about purchasing the TDU megapack?
sonypcx 18/11/2008 15:50
i realy need to know how i'll unlock the bike dealers.it says that i have to check all the cardealers.i did that,but nothing.....i'm already at champion level....please help
masi 01/11/2008 16:23
i love to be on the airport. it´s SO fun. you can crash in the planes, drive on the runway and have a race againist the plane:-):-) but you must do a trick to come in on the airport
agentroo 07/07/2008 10:04
They were unlocked at the start of the game, in the Chevvy dealership...
powershift 22/01/2008 04:06
How do you unlock the corvette c6 and c6 zo6??? because ive already been to every dealership and all other icons......