This is a complete guide to Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars game. Before you start your campaign I recommend reading some useful rules, and a few explanations that make my clues more understandable.
- Map shown in the right - low corner of the screen is very useful tool. All important places are signed there. Moreover, when looking through your Quest Book, try to check the map - all places and people you need to visit are highlighted.
- Use Journey Stones as often as it's possible - it's the best way of moving from one place to another. It let's you to save a lot of time.
- All your heroes have their own skills and spells. You have to learn how to use them, because it may be your strongest weapon. There are also non - combat skills: your main character has the possibility of summoning his companions from every place on the map (very useful when using Journey Stone)
- Always explore the area in search for treasure chests. If your opponent attacks you don't forget to do searching after defeating him. There is no chance you could lose your way so do not hesitate to check all corners of the map.
- There is a huge number of quest items in Spellforce 2, so I decided not to list it in my guide. If you are careful and do not miss any treasure chest you will find all needed items. Always remember to take with you items described as "not for sale". When selling items you don't need anymore, you don't have to compare prices, you will never be short of money.
- There is a special skill system in Spellforce 2 that makes you to allocate skill points in more thane one skill. I recommend choosing no more than two skills, this way you reach the highest possible level much faster.
- When leading the party of your heroes into a battle, always choose enemies casting spells and attacking with shooting weapon as your first targets. Leave the strongest monsters for an end. It usually takes some time to kill the strong creature and you must not let mages and bowman attack you when you're busy.
- When commanding an army always start with strengthening your main base. It is very important to build a few defending towers - your enemy never stops attacking you, and it's a good idea to let him fight towers first. Having strong defense enables you to invade your opponent's territory with not much risk - you don't have to be afraid of his counterattack. You should always build towers, even when you think that nothing threatens you anymore. The computer recruits soldiers much faster than you and it always can find a way to your base.
- During the game you lead to the battle armies of few races: Men, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Dark Elves and Shadows. There is one rule that always works well: it's better to have a large army of weaker units than a small army of strong creatures. There is no sense in improving your base until it reaches its full potential. A large army of weaker units, supported by your heroes can crush any opponent. I've always tried to mix some armored soldiers (infantry or cavalry) with magicians and range attacking units. Such an army (supported by heroes) was able to defeat any enemy. I did not use flying units: these are the most expensive and very vulnerable to attacks. Sometimes scenario makes you to recruit some specified units - every time you are informed about that (it's a task given to you). At the beginning of every campaign I am giving some clues concerning tactics.
- Do not worry when you discover that list of quests in my guide is different than game's Quest Book. Sometimes I ignored some sub - quests creating my own list, but I assure you that you will accomplish all possible tasks.
- In my solution I never advise you when to save your game. You have to still remember about that and do it quite often. You should never resign from saving just because a situation looks good. Moreover, it's a good idea to save a game before a talk to NPC (sometimes you have to make a decision, for example to choose a weapon). If you have a save you will be able to check all possibilities.
- There is some kind of mini - game in Spellforce 2. It's called Drakkar and you can learn how to play it - there is a Drakkar Mentor in Sevenkeeps who teaches you the rules. It is said that there is a great prize for beating the Drakkar Master but I warn you - it's just a simple Drakkar Cup. So, you may try your skills but do not expect a big prize.
I guess it's all you have to know before starting a campaign. Now you may start your adventure. I wish you good luck.
About Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars Game Guide
Author : Andrzej "Rylak" Rylski for gamepressure.com
last update : May 05, 2016
Guide contains : 37 pages, 288 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars Game Guide
- Introduction Speellforce 2 SW Guide.
- Crater | Chapter: The Black Mirror Speellforce 2 SW Guide.
- Sevenkeeps (2) | Chapter: The Catapults of Underhall Speellforce 2 SW Guide.
- Magnet Stones | Chapter: The Black Mirror Speellforce 2 SW Guide.
- Sevenkeeps (3) | Chapter: The Bows of Dun Mora Speellforce 2 SW Guide.
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Phenomic
- publisher: Aspyr Media / Jowood
- platform: PC
- rated: 12+
In SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars, the player takes over the role of the Avatar, preventing the world of Eo and its many races from being overrun by a sinister new enemy. You will be able to solve quests and overcome obstacles as in classical RPGs, but also experience strategic challenges while leading armies as in an RTS - thus offering a complete synthesis of both genres in a perfect blend.
You as the Avatar will try to resist the invasion of the Pact, forcing you to forge new alliances to oppose them. But you soon realize that even more sinister forces are at work right within your own body. You will lead each one of three factions, The Realm, The Clans and The Pact and build bases to gather resources and rally troops - to prepare for the epic battles that are the hallmark of SpellForce! You will also be supported by a band of heroes who are customizable with a multitude of unique skills, spells and a great variety of items, weapons and armor.
- Players can choose from over 100 Avatar skills, allowing them to develop individual characters and tactics
- Highly detailed fantasy worlds with impressive graphics raising the RTS standards to a new level
- 3 different factions, each with 12 very different units consisting of infantry, cavalry and flyers
- Completely persistent world unique for the RTS genre
- Enjoy co-op games with your friends in a special co-op campaign or take other players head on in action packed multiplayer battles with armies lead by your own Avatar.
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Pentium 4 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, graphic card 256MB (GeForce 6600 or better), 5 GB HDD, Windows 2000/XP