A famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his companion Doctor Watson will face the cruel murder called Jack the Ripper. Of course, they are pretty useless without your support. So read this guide and just help them.
The game is, as always, in full 3D. The new thing is that now you have the ability to choose the perspective. I have played in TPP so all descriptions are based on that point of view. In other words: when I am writing "right" that means that players who are playing in FPP should read it as a "left".
The equipment (Items, Dialogues, Documents, Reports, Map) has couple of new boards: Resume, Deduction, Conclusions and ability to change from FPP to TPP (use do it with mouse and keyboard).
All items that you can find in the game was marked with red, important documents with blue, solutions with green or they were just written in bold.
This time you can use hint (space) to highlight all active objects. In contrast, all reports written by Holmes are useful but not necessary for the further development of the story.
So go and get him... The London dark and full of secrets streets are waiting for you. Beware...
Katarzyna "Kayleigh" Michalowska
About Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Game Guide & Walkthrough
Author : Katarzyna "Kayleigh" Michalowska for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub Kuchnio
last update : May 11, 2016
Guide contains : 31 pages, 396 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Game Guide & Walkthrough
- Whitechapel, 7th September 1888 Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Guide.
- Hanbury Street, 8th September 1888 Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Guide.
- Buck's Row, night 1/2 September 1888 Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Guide.
- Whitechapel, 11 September 1888 Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Guide.
- Whitechapel, 12th September 1888 Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Guide.
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: Frogware
- publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- platform: PC
- rated: PEGI: 16+ / ESRB: Mature
The year is 1888, and the setting is London's Whitechapel area, where a horrible series of crimes has taken place in this East End district. The bodies of several women who have suffered horrible mutilations have been found. The police have been having a hard time finding a serious lead as the murders continue, creating paranoia and terror in the streets. Sherlock Holmes sets out to find clues in the dark, gloomy streets of Whitechapel, following a macabre trail of the one that the press calls Jack the Ripper. During this terrifying adventure, Sherlock will attempt to shed some light on the mystery that shrouds the identity and motive of the one who hides behind this terrifying nickname.
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper will offer players two different 3D view modes, a third-person view in the pure adventure game point & click style and a first-person view. The player will be able to play in one or the other mode or even combine them for greater immersion in this terrifying adventure. The player will also be able to use a unique new system for piecing together crimes in order to test hypotheses as the investigation progresses, in order to find the terrifying serial killerís bloody trail.
- Solve one of the greatest mysteries in the history of England and discover who is Jack the Ripper!
- 2 mythic characters of 19th century England engage in a horrifying manhunt: the illustrious Sherlock Holmes and the terrifying Jack the Ripper.
- Discover the hidden side of London and the sinister streets of Whitechapel, all faithfully recreated (e.g. public work house, hospitals, brothels, etc).
- Switch between playing the role of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes or his trusted friend Doctor Watson.
- Interact with more than 30 authentic characters that help you complete your investigation.
- Use and combine more that 100 objects and collect hundreds of clues so you can finally uncover the real identity and motives of the perverted Jack the Ripper.
- 2 points-of-view available at all times: gameplay in third-person or classic first-person point-of-view, a favorite for the enthusiasts of the series.
- A progressive help system puts you back on
- Sherlock Holmes Website - Official Website.
- Frogwares - Developer Website.
- Focus Home Interactive - Publisher Website.
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, graphic card 256 MB (GeForce FX 5700 or better), 3 GB HDD, Windows XP SP2/Vista SP1