Welcome to our The Lord of the Rings Online guide for beginners! LOTRO is a MMO - which means that thousands of players from all around the world travel its virtual world simultaneously in search for glory and adventure. This guide is not indented for experienced players who are already on par with contemporary MMORPGs. It was prepared as a detailed, while simple, source of basic knowledge for all of you guys who just want to check out what's that "Massively Multiplayer" creed about.
LOTRO is not a typical MMO game. In comparison to its competitors on the market, it's a lot more story-driven. Not all quests are all about killing endless numbers of monsters, thus farming experience. In here, you might find it more worthwhile to help a hobbit cook deliver his cakes, than to spend a few hours in a forest, killing goblins. With this in mind we encourage you to start your adventure in this game just as if it was a usual action-RPG. The only difference is that from time to time you meet other players and preferably join forces with them. Well, even better.
Krzysztof "Lordareon" Gonciarz
About Lord of the Rings Online: First Steps Game Guide & Walkthrough
Author : Krzysztof "Lordareon" Gonciarz for gamepressure.com
last update : May 05, 2016
Guide contains : 15 pages, 59 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Lord of the Rings Online: First Steps Game Guide & Walkthrough
- Classes | Races and Classes LotRO: First Steps Guide.
- Races | Races and Classes LotRO: First Steps Guide.
- Introduction: Elves: Thorin's Gate | Walkthrough LotRO: First Steps Guide.
- Introduction: Hobbits & Race of Men | Walkthrough LotRO: First Steps Guide.
- Introduction: Dwarves: Thorin's Gate | Walkthrough LotRO: First Steps Guide.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar Video Game
- genre: MMO
- developer: Turbine
- publisher: Codemasters (EU), Midway (US)
- platform: PC
- rated: PEGI: 12+ / ESRB: Teen
The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™ is the world's first and only MMOG based on the Books of J.R.R. Tolkien. Players can experience the most famous fantasy world of all time, exploring and adventuring their heroes through the vast reaches of Middle-earth in the fight against the forces of the Dark Lord Sauron.
Experience Classic Tolkien: Meet famous characters like Gandalf and the Fellowship. Explore legendary locations like the Prancing Pony and Rivendell! Battle deadly enemies, including Nazgul, Trolls, and Uruk-Hai!
Defeat the Shadows of Angmar: Join with the Fellowship and fight against the forces of Sauron. Confront the forces of the Nazgul Witch-king in the North. Protect the Shire and root out evil on Weathertop.
Explore Ancient Lands: Journey through Middle-earth to collect valuable Tolkien lore, knowledge, and artifacts that bring your hero greater powers. Complete ambitious quests of courage and exploration that bestow compelling character traits.
- Create a unique character: Adventure as a Man, Elf, Dwarf or Hobbit. After choosing where your character hails from, select region-appropriate color palettes for skin, hair, eye color, and more. Equip yourself with items like sturdy Dwarven armor, intricate Elven mail, or weapons created with the knowledge of past Ages. Choose one of seven classes: deal massive damage as a Champion, protect your fellowship as a Guardian, beguile your enemies as a Burglar, or try a Captain, Hunter, Minstrel, or Lore-master.
- As your character advances and grows, customize it using Traits – interchangeable abilities which modify your character's skills to give you greater control over its specializations. Gain new Trait slots by leveling, and unlock new Traits by completing Accomplishments.
- Fight alone or with other players: With hundreds of hours of gameplay, there's plenty to do in LOTRO as a solo player or in a fellowship. Follow the storyline on your own or form a fellowship with other players for epic battles against creatures like Orcs, Wights, and even Balrogs. Coordinated fellowships can use group combo moves to do incredible damage, heal their fellowship, or restore their energy – how they harness the power of a combo is entirely up to them to decide! LOTRO will also include a consensual Player vs. Player combat system (details forthcoming), allowing players to fight against each other for glory and honor!
- Create items both legendary and mundane: Farm in the Shire or forge weapons and armor in Thorin's Halls. Players can craft arms for the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron, or enjoy more peaceful activities like cooking and farming. Those who dedicate themselves to becoming master crafters can create legendary items of unsurpassed quality.
- Dramatic sequences: LOTRO offers an expansive, open world, and incorporates cinematic technology to present the player with movie-like sequences which further the storyline. Experience epic challenges like the depths of the Great Barrow, the siege of Fornost and the battle to retake Weathertop.
- Interact with others: Meet and socialize with thousands of other players and fans of J.R.R. Tolkien's works. Relax at the Prancing Pony in Bree, the Green Dragon Inn in the Shire, or any of the many other social centers throughout the land. Express yourself through emotes and chat – wave hello, bow, or dance with a friend!
- Journey through Middle-earth: Experience an epic storyline through hundreds of quests created as a companion to The Lord of the Rings. Adventure in familiar areas as well as new ones, created for the game, which were only briefly touched on by J.R.R. Tolkien in his master works. Experience Middle-earth as never before as you swim the Brandywine River or make your way through the mists of the Old Forest. Turbine, working closely with Tolkien Enterprises, has created what Gamedaily calls "...a must have title for fans of Tolkien lore."
- www.lotro.com - Official website.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 7800 or better), 10 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista