Way to unlock: you need to complete mission 1 (Prologue).
Playable characters: Franklin
Additional information: The predominant aim of this mission is to get you acquainted with Franklin. Furthermore, you will be able to practice the more advanced maneuvers with vehicles, using of special skills as well as escaping police pursuits. This time around, you also need to meet certain requirements if you want to finish this mission in 100% and, for more details, see the end of the description of this mission.
It has already been stated that you complete the mission, in its entirety, by playing as Franklin. Go along the narrow alley between buildings to reach a location with two sports cars parked. You need to get into one of them and it is good to know that your choice has absolutely no bearing on the mission, because both of them are similar in terms of their performance.
In accordance with the piece of information that you received,, you will have to follow Lamar in his car. As you drive, you of course cannot let Lamar get too far away but, you should pay even more attention to not bumping into the other cars and obstacles, in order not to damage the stolen car. In accordance with the game's suggestion, it is a good idea to practice Franklin's special skill. After you initiate that skill, you can observe time slowing down while driving a car. It is best to use this skill to swerve around the more demanding obstacles, to take sharp turns into alleyways and to perform swift U-turns.
Further on, you will have to drive across a movie set and it is worthwhile to make sure that you do not bump into anybody dressed up as an alien. A bit later, you will have to perform several jumps. I recommend against getting carried away with that, to prevent collisions with the others in the street. Finally, you will have to drive through three multi-storey parking lots and you can turn on the headlights in your car to help you.
Soon, Franklin and Lamar will become wanted and, as a result, you will have to lose a two-star police pursuit. The mechanics here are a bit different than in the previous installments of the game, because you first need to disappear from the sight of the chasing policemen (use the car's top speed to pull that off), and wait in hiding for the chase to end to prevent the chase from being resumed. I recommend that you hide in some side-alley or in an underground garage (the above screenshot).
After you lose your tail, drive towards the car dealership marked on the map, owned by Simeon Yetarian. You should, of course, avoid any collisions on your way there, although, it pays off to get there before Lamar. After you watch the cutscene in the dealership, get into Franklin's private car (Bravado Buffalo) and reach Franklin's house. Park the car in the garage, which will complete this mission.
Note- If you want to save the mission, interact with the bed in the bedroom. This is also the first time when you can use the option to repeat an already completed mission (to test another combination of the playable characters, or to complete the mission in 100%).
Rewards for the completion of the mission:
- 250 dollars
- Franklin's house and all of its activities unlocked
- Franklin's car (Bravado Buffalo) unlocked
- The garage at Franklin's house unlocked
- An activity on the world map unlocked
Requirements for the completion of the mission in 100%:
- Not a Scratch - You cannot damage the stolen car (only minor scratches are permissible). Remember also you can use Franklin's special skill to swerve around obstacles.
- Focused Driver - For a total of seven seconds, you need to keep using Franklin's special skill of slowing down time while driving.
- Winner - You need to be the first to reach the parking lot where the race with Lamar ends. The best way to complete this challenge is by playing this mission again, when you will perfectly know the route and the lurking dangers.
- We Come in Peace - While driving across the movie set, you need to avoid bumping into actors dressed up as aliens.