The Chosen are no doubt the most interesting (and the most dangerous) addition in the War of the Chosen. Initially, fighting them won't be exceedingly difficult, but as the campaign reaches more advanced stages, they will acquire more special abilities, and their health can reach 40 HP, making them the most resilient (apart from the three lords: Viper King, Berserker Queen i Archon King) enemies in the game. The greatest issue here is the fact that you can't get rid of them in any usual way. Killing a Chosen only makes it disappear for a couple days - they will sure come back to pester the player some more. There is a way to permanently get rid of them, however, and it doesn't involve uninstalling the game.
In order to achieve that, you will have to finish a Stronghold Assault, where the final encounter will take place. To unlock such a mission, some Covert Actions for the resistance have to be completed. These involve:
- Hunt the Chosen Assassin I, II i III - when you finish all three, the attack on the stronghold of the Assassin will become available.
- Hunt the Chosen Hunter I, II i III - when you finish all three, the attack on the stronghold of the Hunter will become available.
- Hunt the Chosen Warlock I, II i III - when you finish all three, the attack on the stronghold of the Warlock will become available.
The whole mission takes place in two stages. The first stage requires the player to break through the corridors of the stronghold and eliminate enemy resistance. The stage is concluded when the player reaches a special elevator - get all your troops on that elevator and activate it with one of them and you'll be taken to the proper part of the stronghold.
Here lies the crystal that allows the Chosen to reincarnate. As you can guess, it has to be destroyed. First, though, you have to deal with the aliens' defenses, plus the Chosen you're attacking. A countdown will commence - it means a few things:
- It's divided into five equal parts - 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%. If it reaches 100%, the crystal will become inactive, and the Chose will again appear on the battlefield.
- 2 or 3 enemies will be spawned upon the countdown entering the next stage. They will appear in the corners. You have to divide your attention between them and damaging the crystal.
- The Chosen will appear in the next turn after destroying the crystal - it will have the amount of HP corresponding to the level to which the crystal was charged.
After destroying the crystal, the only thing you have to do is kill every enemy and the Chosen. After doing that, the owner of the fortress will be no more, and you will get a chance to research rare and very powerful items used by the Chosen.