As you've learned at the beginning of this chapter, the War of the Chosen add-on introduces three new factions - Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars. Each of those factions give the player access to additional services and bonuses - more about that topic can be found in the "General information" chapter. However, most of those services are not available at the beginning due to low Influence level.
Influence can be increased by completing certain missions from the Covert Action group. Those are:
- Reaper faction - Hunt the Chosen Assassin;
- Skirmisher faction - Hunt the Chosen Hunter;
- Templar faction - Hunt the Chosen Warlock;
Each of those missions are divided into three steps - I, II and III. Each of those represent different difficulty level - you can send almost any soldier to complete the I step, but for the II and III you will need more experienced units. Completing those missions comes with various benefits for the player, such as:
- Increase of the Influence. Influence starts at the "Low" level and advance to "Medium" and "High".
- Unlocking additional slots for the Resistance Order cards. "Low" level won't give you slots when it comes to resistance factions, "Medium" gives 1 slot and "High" 2 slots.
- Each time you complete one of those missions you will be rewarded with additional Covert Action missions, as well as new Resistance Order cards.
- High influence will give access to Covert Actions that will allow you to acquire new faction soldiers - you can read about it in the previous chapter.
- High influence will also allow you to assault the Stronghold of one of the chosen - more about that topic can be found in the chapter about Chosen.
Note - the influence can't decrease and go down to the previous level. Additionally, you can increase the influence with every resistance group simultaneously.