This page of the XCOM Chimera Squad game guide includes a collection of useful tips and tricks. These are general advice and tips on managing and looking after the team. The knowledge gained here can make your game a lot easier.
Complete information about the game's main characters can be found in the section on the Chimera Squad of this guide.
- Dispatch all agents with scars for training immediately.
- Recruit agent Torque as early as possible and use her Tongue Pull and Bind skills
- Allow all Chimera Squad members to prove themselves on the battlefield
- The game won't let you start a mission if you don't have 4 agents on standby
- Record your progress as often as possible and use multiple save slots
- You can change the difficulty level of the game at will
Dispatch all agents with scars for training immediately.
A scar is a permanent wound that lowers an agent's stats - an example of punishment may be shortening a character's health bar. A scar can occur primarily in a situation where the hero is knocked down during a mission and begins to bleed out.
You can get rid of the scars and restore the agents to full health. Each time you have to navigate to the Training window in the Headquarters and choose an action to remove the scar. Unfortunately for the duration of the" training " the agent will not be available for a few days, so make sure to find a replacement for him in one or more subsequent missions.
Recruit agent Torque as early as possible and use her Tongue Pull and Bind skills
Torque is a representative of the Viper race and is, in our opinion, one of the most valuable agents to recruit. We advise you to take her to the squad as soon as the game offers you that opportunity. She has three extremely useful abilities that you can also use in the early stages of a campaign:
- Toxic Greeting-you can spit venom at your opponent in the Breach phase. The attacked character will receive some damage immediately and will be poisoned after the start of the match, thus losing 1HP in each round.
- Tongue Pull-Torque can attract other characters and it works successfully even over long distances. What's more, you can attract not only enemies, but also allies. This is helpful, for example, in rescuing them after they are surrounded.
- Bind - that's another great ability. After pulling an enemy towards her, Torque can start to choke him during the same turn. The "trapped" characters will not be able to free themselves and will lose several health points every round. This skill can then be further strengthened to make the loss of HP in each round more severe.
Allow all Chimera Squad members to prove themselves on the battlefield
Your team members can level up by participating in missions. The problem is that "only" 4 characters can be sent to a single mission. As a result, we recommend swapping team members after each mission so that all agents can gradually accumulate XP for completing tasks.
The main reason for this is that all characters can level up and unlock new skills to use during battles. It is only after all the characters are promoted to the highest level that you switch to the more frequent use of "favorite" agents.
The game won't let you start a mission if you don't have 4 agents on standby
One of the important features of XCOM Chimera Squad is that four agents must take part in the mission. If you do not have four team members assigned, the game will display a message similar to the one in the image above and refuse to start the mission. You will also not be able to complete the task even if you have produced a "spare" Android.
You can select a team in the purple Roster field in the top right corner of the screen. If you have run out of heroes, then you have to relieve agents doing some activities in other tabs - Assembly, Spec Ops or Training.
Record your progress as often as possible and use multiple save slots
In XCOM Chimera Squad you can record your progress:
- During the mission
- On the City 31 map screen
There are two exceptions to this rule.:
- Saving game in the Breach Phase is blocked. You have to pass it without being able to protect yourself from a bad decision.
- The manual saves are locked in the Ironman mode. You have to work with a single automatic save slot created by the game.
We propose creating new slots at the start of each battle and after each return to the city screen. During the mission, you will protect yourself from losing heroes in case of missed or unforeseen opponent's attacks. On the City 31 map screen, you will have a backup in case of giving the wrong command on how to use the resources or what mission to perform on a given day.
You can change the difficulty level of the game at will
If your previous difficulty level is causing you huge problems, then, fortunately, you don't have to start the whole campaign all over again. The difficulty level can also be changed as the campaign progresses.
Select Change Difficulty option in the pause menu to change the difficulty. Only the removal of the Ironman and Hardcore difficulty level modifiers is prohibited. If you've switched them on before, the game won't allow you to turn them off.
Note - The difficulty will change in the next mission. You can't cheat the game and make the current battle easier.