Read this page to learn how long it will take to complete XCOM Chimera Squad. We have listed a few values - they depend mainly on the selected difficulty level.
- A single playthrough on normal should take you around 20-25 hours. The campaign in XCOM Chimera Squad is shorter than the one in XCOM 2.
- You can affect the play time by doing or ignoring some of the missions. You should complete about 50 missions during a single playthrough. However, these missions differ in length. A mission with 1-2 encounters against weaker opponents will be shorter that one with 3 encounters and tougher enemies.
- XCOM Chimera Squad encourages players to have multiple playthroughs. The main feature is that you can't recruit all the characters during a single playthrough. You always have to choose from three new agents.
- Faction investigations can have a different course during multiple playthroughs. There is a choice that you have to make during each of the investigations. This can have a huge impact on which missions you will get, which enemies you will encounter, and on some other problems like Dark Events.
- Playing on a harder difficulty level can extend the play time by a few or even a dozen hours. One of the main reasons is that you can't fail a mission. If you lose, you will have to replay it (from the beginning or the last checkpoint).
- You need at least to playthroughs to get all the achievements. Also, one of your playthroughs must be done at the highest difficulty level. The fact that none of the achievements require you to play on the "extreme" modifiers like Ironman and Hardcore (one save slot and permadeath) is a form of consolation. This means that getting all the achievements here is much less challenging than, e.g. in XCOM 2.