In World of Tanks wot) there are Special Offers every weekend, Weekly missions in other days, Monthly or Special missions that last whole month and many occasional events (like new year offer, 15-years of Wargaming, 3 years of World of Tanks etc.). What is worth mentioning, there are changes in the game with new updates. Below description is based on wot version 9.2.
Usually they last from 7:10 Saturday to 7:00 Tuesday.
Sometimes they last from 7:10 Friday to 7:00 Monday.
In most cases there is a combination of missions, price drops and bonuses.
Between weekend missions. Usually they are constructed in a way so that for standard game you receive small reward (win 5 battles and you will get 3 large repair kits two times per day).
Monthly and special missions
Special missions so far are about premium tanks. It is a great opportunity, since IS-6 available in December 2013 mission costs 11,800 gold, and SuperPershing from May 2014 - 7,200. IS-6 mission was about collecting 100 000 experience with every nation while using tier 6 tanks. Additionally, for completing every sub-mission with a country you were awarded with 3 days of premium. SuperPershing mission, much easier, was about getting 75 000 experience points with each nation while using tier 4 - 8 tanks. Two days of premium account for sub-mission, garage slot for 100 gold and free garage slot for 100 battles (5 times per account).
Both tanks weren't hard to get if every day you "knocked stars" (double experience for first won battle) and used the weekend bonuses (like 5x experience for first win). If you had the right tanks in your garage, missions for one country could have been completed in one week with 5x experience for first battle.
XXX are greatly rewarded. Premium, gold, garage slots or lots of credits. Rules are created in a way so that you need to play few battles every two days to complete them. Some missions are hard to complete. August 2013 - 30 vehicles to destroy every day - 300 000 credits, for 50 000 experience - one day of premium. September 2013 - every day for 15 victories - 250 000 credits, for 50 000 experience points - one day of premium. October 2013 - every day for 50 000 damage - 250 000 credits.
They are related to events that happen in real world or anniversaries (like 15 years of Wargaming - many discounts and a free tier 3 tank)
Discounts during events
- 50% discount on consumables - more or less once a month. You should buy enough of them so that you could use supplies instead of buying them for full price. After the promo ends you can sell consumables for 50% of its original value. You shouldn't worry about freezing the credits and instead buy large amounts of first aid kits, repair kits and fire extinguisher, because you can sell them back with no loss.
- 30% discount on premium ammunition - last time it occurred at the end of 2013. Before that, they occurred quite regularly. I haven't found any information about it, but such long time without this discount can mean that it has been removed permanently. If it would happen, then you should spend some saved credits on gold ammo, which you should have in small amounts in each tank.
- Tank discount - quite frequently, although less often there are discounts on tanks: 50% on tier 5, 30% on tier 6 and 7. Sometimes there are 15% discounts on 8 tier. Very rarely, maybe once a weak there is an opportunity to buy tier 8, 9 and 10 for 30% less.
- Premium tank discount - 50% on tier 5, 30% on 5 and 7 and 15% on tier 8.
- 50% discount on equipment - every 2, 3 months. You should think what tanks will you plan to buy and what equipment will they need. You shouldn't worry about spending credits on this promo since after it ends you will be able to sell bought items with no loss.
- 50% discount on garage slots and barracks upgrades - more or less once per month garage slot price is reduced from 300 to 150 gold, and barracks slot from 300 to 150. In may 2014, during the special mission: operation Superpershing the price of garage slot was only 100 gold.
- 50% discount on crew training and resetting the abilities - once every month or two. Useful when training and resetting for gold. You can save even 600 gold on a tank with 6-person crew.
- Premium account discount - once every month or two. Premium account for year and a half with 15% discount, 7 days for 680 gold instead of 1250. 3 days for 350/250 instead of 650. 3 days offer is interesting. If it is connected to a nice weekend offer, you should utilize it. For example, "triple experience for crew in each battle" event with a premium account allows you to train your crew 4, 5 times faster.
- Up to 50% discount on camouflage, emblems and inscriptions for credits and gold
Events mentioned before offer in different combinations bonuses, discounts and missions.