122mm 60-122T: penetration 257mm; damage 440
Hull: 120mm/90mm/70mm, turret: 240mm/160mm/80mm
2300 health points
Top speed: 50km/h, engine: 750HP
Support tank, medium distance combat
The 113 is the last Chinese heavy tank available in the game. What is interesting, this vehicle, in its construction and playing style, resembles a medium tank, rather than a sluggish steel giant. It is poorly armored and its only protection is the resistant turret, the glacis plate, which is inclined at a considerable angle and its high top speed. It is armed with the 122mm 60-122T cannon, which is, unfortunately, one of the weakest weapons available at tier ten. In spite of its unique features, the 113 is not too good a vehicle: it is difficult to handle and it does not provide sufficient results- in this case, it is better to invest in the actual medium tank: the Chinese 121.
Development, equipment, crew
The 113 has the elite status from the very beginning.
Preferred equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, improved ventilation.
Optional equipment: toolbox, improved guidance system, spall liner
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew. Alternatively, you can select the snap shot (the gunner) and smooth ride (the driver).
The pattern of the front armoring is surprisingly simple: the glacis plate is inclined at an angle of 68 degrees, which is why most of the shells fired at it will ricochet. If the 113 is slightly angled, this part of the armoring is, virtually, indestructible. Fortunately enough, the more you approach the tank, and the more you lower the cannon, the easier it gets to penetrate this part. The lower-front armor plate is very weak, possible to damage even for tier six tanks. That is why it is the best target during a frontal attack.
The turret is just as resistant as in the predecessors - the front is nearly impenetrable, the sides occasionally ricochet and the rear, nearly always, takes damage.
The ammo compartment and the engine are in their standard places: at the back of the turret and directly under it, and at the back of the vehicle respectively).
How to play...
...as the driver of the 113?
- This vehicle is a heavy tank that pretends to be a medium tank. It is very mobile, thanks to which it is capable of accompanying the faster vehicles during attacks from the flank, and of forming wolfpacks. You should always take advantage of its speed while conducting flanking attacks.
- You should not rely on your armoring while fighting against the enemy - it is better to fire a shot and retreat before the counter-attack takes place, than to risk losing health points, because the 113 often receives critical damage which decreases its combat value.
- The 122mm 60-122T cannon has relatively long reload times and one of the worse penetration values, among tier ten vehicles. You should aim at the weak points in the opponent's armoring, or attack it from the sides, or from behind.
- This tank has a very low elevation arc of the cannon and should not fight in hilly and mountainous areas. Additionally, fighting on flat terrain increases the effectiveness of your glacis plate.
- This tank has a high top speed, but you should be using it for swift relocation only. All of the lonely raids, or attempts to scout, nearly always end tragically for you.
...against the 113?
- In spite of the, theoretically, one of the best armoring in the game, the 113 is quite easy to penetrate, even at the glacis plate. If you manage to minimize the inclination of the enemy's armor, (while attacking at short distance, or by lowering the cannon) it is slightly more resistant than a medium tank.
- This tank is very mobile and that is why it is a good idea to aim at the stub wheels/drive sprockets to de-track it. The immobilized 113 is a very easy target and you can easily eliminate it from further battle.
- You should watch out for wolfpacks of medium tank, supported by the 113. It is best to move away some of your forces and block off the enemy maneuvers.
- This vehicle is immensely vulnerable to damage from self-propelled guns - it receives a lot of critical damage, which deprives it of its combat value fast.