WZ-111 model 1-4
130mm 59-130T: penetration 244mm; damage 490
Hull: 120mm/80mm/60mm, turret: 230mm/120mm/60mm
1850 health points
Top speed: 50km/h, engine: 600HP
Support tank, close combat
The WZ-111 model 1-4 is the next, after the 110 Chinese heavy tank. This vehicle resembles the Soviet IS-8 heavy tank and it should be used in a similar way. Tanks to arming this tank with the 130mm 59-130T cannon, it is better to pull off the "hit and flee" maneuvers and for fight in the urban environment, where damage that you deal is more important than the high rate of fire.
Development, equipment, crew
Right at the outset, you should mount the 100mm 62-100T cannon, and the 12150LS engine. Then, unlock: suspension, turret and the 130mm 59-130T cannon.
Preferred equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, improved guidance system
Optional equipment: toolbox, improved ventilation
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew. Alternatively, you can select the snap shot (the gunner) and smooth ride (the driver).
The armoring pattern of the WZ-111 model 1-4 is similar to the one on the Soviet IS-7 heavy tank. The pike nose is resistant to fire from cannons of 200mm penetration value but, its sides are much weaker and more vulnerable to direct hits. The lower-front armor plate, just like in the tanks of the IS series, is the weakest element of the front armor. The sides of the vehicle are protected with layer armoring but, it covers only a small area on the vehicle. This is why, hitting the hull should not be too difficult.
The front of the turret of the WZ-111 model 1-is just as resistant as in the IS series tanks, and thanks to its shape, it often repels shells. It is worth noting that the improved turret ( i.e. the vehicle with 1850 health points) has weak sides and back. Its basic version is protected with 220mm of steel, at each side.
The ammo compartment and the engine are in their standard places: at the back of the turret and directly under it, and at the back of the vehicle respectively).
How to play...
...as the driver of the WZ-111 model 1-4?
- Just like in the case of the 110 the most important thing is to point your nose at the opponent, which increases considerably your resistance to fire.
- While fighting vehicles of the lower tiers, you should make sure that you hide your lower plate and then, you can start eliminating the enemies -tier seven tanks (and some from tier eight) will have problems dealing any damage to you.
- While fighting tanks of the same or higher tier, you need to keep in mind that your front armor provides no protection whatsoever. You should attack between the individual shots fired by the enemy, or expose the turret only.
- As soon as you unlock the 130mm 59-130T cannon, you can easily exchange shots with enemies of the same, or lower, tier and the, hide to reload. This tank deals the highest damage in its tier and it is only the German E-75 that can compete with it in this respect.
- This tank has a high top speed but, you should use it mainly for swift relocation. Any lonely raids, or attempts to scout almost always end tragically for you.
- This tank has a very low elevation arc and should not fight in hilly or mountainous areas.
...against the WZ-111 model 1-4?
- While on a vehicle of a lower tier, you should avoid taking damage from the WZ-111 model 1-4. The average damage of 490 points is capable of destroying your tank in no time at all. Attack the from side or from the back; any shots into the front of this tank should be aimed at the lower-front armor plate.
- While on a tier nine, or ten, tank. Try to avoid any shot-for-shot exchange of fire. The high damage dealt by the WZ-111 model 1-4 can give it discernible advantage. It is better to take advantage of your high rate of fire and fire the first shot at the same time as the opponent does and the second one, right after he finishes reloading.
- This tank is very mobile and that is why it is a good idea to aim at the stub wheels/drive sprockets to de-track it. The immobilized WZ-111 model 1-4 is a very easy target.
- Just like the other Chinese vehicles, the WZ-111 model 1-4 is very vulnerable to artillery fire and it often receives a lot of critical damage. If you experience any problems, you can easily summon support.