100mm LB-1: penetration 175mm; damage 230
Hull: 90mm/75mm/45mm, turret: 120mm/100mm/100mm
1300 health points
Top speed: 51km/h, engine: 680HP
Medium distance combat, Support tank, close combat
The T-44 is the first soviet medium tank which, apart from fighting over medium distances, is capable of dueling with the other medium vehicles of its own tier, over the distance of above 50 meters. It is equipped with reliable glacis plate, a turret resistant to fire, and the armament consists of the effective 100mm LB-1 cannon. This vehicle is very fast and maneuverable, which allows it to fire several shots, retreat and prepare for another attack from another location. Additionally, its small size and perfect camouflage, make this tank difficult to spot and fire at.
Development, equipment, crew
Right at the outset, you should mount this vehicle with the 85mm D5T-85BM cannon. The next step should be the improvement of suspension and development of a new turret and the 100mm D10T cannon. Now, you can unlock the 100mm LB-1 cannon, and then the remaining modules, like the engine and the radio.
Preferred equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: camouflage net, improved guidance system, Wet ammo rack.
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The T-44's glacis plate has been inclined at a considerable angle, which results in the regular repelling of shells with the penetration value of 150mm. Shells of the penetration value of 175mm may sometimes ricochet but, in most cases, you should be able to deal damage. The lower-front armor plate is vulnerable to fire from low-caliber cannons - if there is no other possibility, you can try to hit this weak point in the T-44's armoring. The sides are vulnerable to fire - cannons of the penetration value of 175mm should be able to pierce, even if the tank is inclined at a low angle - the most important thing is to aim into the armoring right above the tracks.
The turret of the T-44 has only a 120mm thick armor, but its front is protected by a quite thick cannon armor, thanks to which, only shells of as much penetration value as 200mm will be able to deal damage here. This tank is quite low, which is why you may attempt hitting the cupola on the left side of the turret - most cannons should be capable of penetrating it and dealing damage.
The ammo compartment is located at the back of the turret and directly under it; the engine is at the back of the hull, as is the standard.
How to play...
...as the driver of the T-44?
- Thanks to the high top speed and mobility, you can quickly move around the map, seize tactical points and flank the enemy forces.
- This vehicle is perfect for quick raids behind the enemy lines, firing several shots and escaping to your designated position.
- The T-44 can form wolfpacks with the other medium tanks and, by taking advantage of the firepower of the entire group, breach the frontline.
- The 100mm LB-1 cannon is very accurate and can be used to lay fire down on distant targets. Unfortunately, the relatively low penetration value disallows destroying higher tier tanks in this way.
- The T-44 is perfect in one-on-one duels with the other medium tanks. Thanks to the low design and the durable turret, it is capable of moving around, within close distance of the opponent, allowing him only to fire at the thick cannon armor, while attacking the sides and the rear itself. This tactic also works against the lone heavy tanks.
- You need to keep a constant eye on the distribution of enemy forces - if the enemy manages to separate you from your allies, you will become a morsel to him.
- Due to the fact that the T-44 has a very good camouflage, you can hide it, sometimes, behind trees or bushes to serve as a scouting vehicle. Unfortunately, due to the low range of vision, the detected opponent should be neutralized as quickly as possible.
...against the T-44?
- While on vehicles of lower tiers, it is necessary for you to attack the weak sides or the rear. Apart from that, you should never attempt destroying a T-44 on your own - this tank has been created to destroy weaker vehicle.
- While on a tier eight medium tank, you should realize your capabilities to duel with a mobile opponent. If you do not feel up to, I recommend that you do not enter a duel with the T-44; if you, however, believe in your skills, you can try to take on it. In this type of fights, everything depends on the individual skills of the driver.
- You need to pay constant attention to the distribution of the enemy medium tanks and prevent them from raiding onto your flank or the back, where they can destroy artillery and pound at the weak points of the remaining vehicles.
- Just like any Soviet medium tank, the T-44 is easy to de-track. It pays off to aim at the stub wheel or the drive sprocket and, after the tank is immobilized, to finish it off.