57mm ZiS-4: penetration 112mm; damage 85
Hull: 45mm/45mm/40mm, turret: 52mm/52mm/45mm
450 health points
Top speed: 56km/h, engine: 500HP
Medium distance combat, Support tank, close combat
No game about the World War II can do without the legendary Soviet tank, i.e. the T-34. Also into the World of Tanks, this tank found its way and you encounter it for the first time after you reach tier V. It is an universal vehicle of high top speed, good acceleration, a medium amount of health points, medium armoring and a perfect 57mm ZiS-4 cannon with high rate of fire. It is thanks to this cannon that the tank stands out from vehicles of tier five: the damage that it deals is low, but thanks to the high rate of fire of the cannon, it is capable of defeating even a bigger opponent. Thanks to its mobility, it can circle around the slower vehicles and fire at their weak points, as well as to move around the map quickly. It is a perfect support for any group of medium tanks and often, it is on this tank that the course of the battle will depend.
Development, equipment, crew
After you finish playing with the A-20, you should already have unlocked the V-2-34 engine- mount it onto your tank. Then, you should develop the 57mm ZiS-4 cannon as quickly as possible (you can also obtain it while playing on the T-28 medium tank). The next step to take is developing a new T-34 Mod. 1942 turret, and suspension, which will considerably increase your effectiveness in the battle (the rotation speed, range of vision and reload time ). The 76mm S-54 cannon is the last one to develop, but do not mount it onto the vehicle.
Preferred equipment: shell rammer, improved guidance system, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net.
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The armoring of the T-34 allows it to repel only some of the shells fired by tier three and four vehicles - during a fight with tanks equal to yours, it does not ensure sufficient protection against enemy fire. The glacis plate and the side armor can easily be penetrated by cannons of the penetration value of 80mm. The turret is slightly more resistant than the rest of the tank - cannons of tier five can easily penetrate it, not counting the inopportune hits into the points, where there is the turret's front armor, under the turret armor.
How to play...
...as the driver of the T-34?
- Your vehicle is one of the faster medium tanks of tier five, which allows you to move around the map quickly, seize strategic points and flank the enemy forces.
- I recommend against using the T-34 for the role of the scout, because its seeing range and maneuverability are quite low - often you will be incapable of escaping from the enemy that you spot.
- The 57mm ZiS-4 cannon is the best weapon available for the T-34. It is highly accurate and has a high penetration value, as well as high rate of fire. The damage that this tank may deal is equal (or even higher) to that of tier seven vehicles.
- The T-34 can conduct sniper duels with vehicles of the same tier - the 57mm ZiS-4 cannon is the most accurate, from among the cannons of tier five. Unfortunately, after several direct hits into the opponent, he will retreat. Therefore, exchange of fire over longer distances is not the optimal method of fighting, in the case of the T-34.
- While fighting with lower tier vehicles, you can angle your vehicle, which will make it considerable more difficult for the enemy to penetrate your armor.
- While fighting against vehicles of the higher tiers, you should avoid frontal fights (the KV-1S is capable of destroying you in one shot) . Use your speed in order to flank the enemy and then, by taking advantage of your firepower, eliminate the individual targets.
...against the T-34?
- While moving on a tank of a lower tier, you need to attack the T-34 at an angle of 90 degrees, to decrease the effectiveness of its armoring. You should not get involved in duels with this vehicle, because you are sure to lose.
- While on a vehicle of tier five, you much depend on the current situation. In one-on-one duels with the T-34, the accuracy of the initial shot is what a lot depends on - if you claim, at least, some of the enemy's health points, this considerably increases your chances of winning, at the moment at which the enemy decides to respond with fire
- Vehicles of the higher tiers, after they are angled, are capable of reflecting most of the shells fired by the T-34. You always need to watch out, however, for a marauder who will be trying to flank you and pepper, your back, and the sides, with a hail of shells.
- It is easy to de-track this tank - it is worthwhile to fire at the stub wheel, or the drive sprocket, to immobilize it, and then finish it off with salvo to follow.