120mm cannon L1A1: penetration 269mm; damage 400
Hull: 152mm/101mm/76mm, turret: 254mm/152mm/101mm
2500 health points
Top speed: 34km/h, engine: 950HP
Medium distance combat, Support tank, sniper
The FV215b, i.e. the prototype of the next gen universal tank. Its playing style is similar to the one on the Conqueror but, you will quickly discover one difference: the turret of this tank is mounted onto the back of the hull, which considerably affects your capability of fighting from behind elevations, and during maneuvers in developed areas. The tankmen, who already received their baptism of fire on the German VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B should be able to take advantage of the unique design of the FV215b, to its fullest.
Development, equipment, crew
The FV215b has the elite status from the very beginning.
Preferred equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, improved ventilation.
Optional equipment: toolbox, improved guidance system
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The hull of the FV215b is similar, in its shape, to the one that you see on its predecessors. As usually, the lower-front plate is an easy target and, practically, any shot fired at it, deals damage to the vehicle. The glacis plate is very resistant to damage and you should avoid firing at it - even cannons of the penetration value of 270mm will often ricochet. The sides of this vehicle are just as vulnerable to fire as in the case of the Caernarvon and the Conqueror - again, they only are 51mm thick. The 101mm, visible in the tanks description, protects only the upper side of the hull, above the track line.
The turret of the FV215b has been considerably improved, in comparison with the Conqueror. The cannon armor is still indestructible and the shots fired at the sides of the turret will ricochet in most cases.
The ammo compartment has been moved towards the rear of the tank, which is why it is not going to be damaged from shells into the front armor plate. The engine is at the center of the hull.
How to play...
...as the driver of the FV215b?
- In spite of reliable armoring, this vehicle should not fight at close range, because the enemy will then have easy access to your weak points. The best idea is to use the hull down position, and rush into battle only after the opponents have been sufficiently weakened during fire exchange over a longer distance.
- This tank has the same cannon as the Conqueror (120mm L1A1 cannon), but reload times are discernibly shorter here - a FV215b, upgraded to its maximum, with well trained crew, can reload within 6.5 seconds. For that reason, it is capable of winning any one-on-one duel in the game!
- Just like in the case of the Conqueror, you are capable of firing two shells, while the enemy manages only to fire one. Thanks to this, while dueling with, e.g. the Maus, or the IS-7, you receive only 490 points of damage, while the enemy receives two direct hits, of 400 points each.
- You need to keep a close eye on the actions of the light vehicles - they are capable of penetrating your side armoring, which is why you should always have them in front of you.
- The side armoring of the FV215b is just as weak as in the predecessors. The unique situation of the turret brings up a serious problem: angling is very difficult (you need to retain the angle of, at most, 15 degrees) but mastering this skill will allow you to increase your effectiveness greatly, in the urban environment.
- This vehicle is highly vulnerable to artillery fire - it is necessary to be well-versed in the map and know the places where you can hide from self-propelled guns.
...against the FV215b?
- Since the front armor of the FV215b is quite reliable, I recommend against dueling with this tank, over the distance larger than 150 meters. You need to have a good vision of its weak points, especially at the lower-front armor plate.
- Never duel this vehicle one-on-one. It has the largest firepower from among all tanks in the game and it is capable of destroying you in no time at all! Drivers of the IS-7 forget sometimes that they are not indestructible - an isolated enemy can be easily surrounded and destroyed.
- While on a medium, or a light tank, you can immobilize the enemy and pound at its sides, or the rear - most of the shells, even if fired by a recon tank, should damage this tank. Additionally, direct hits into those points result in a high critical damage.
- Artillery fire is immensely effective against the FV215b. Each direct hit may deal critical damage several times, which will considerably decrease the tank's effectiveness in the battlefield.