AMX 50 100
100mm SA 47: penetration 232mm; damage 300 (6 shots in the magazine)
Hull: 90mm/35mm/30mm, turret: 90mm/30mm/30mm
1400 health points
Top speed: 51km/h, engine: 850HP
Support tank, medium distance combat
The AMX 50 100 is a French heavy tank available right after you develop the AMX M4(1945). Unlike its predecessor, it is much faster equipped with the unique revolver magazine This allows you to prepare six rounds beforehand, and fire them all within shorts intervals of 2 seconds. Thanks to this, the AMX 50 100 is capable of dealing as much as 1800 points of damage within 12 seconds, which destroys any opponent in one attack. Unfortunately, due to the ammount of ammo that this tank uses up, the reload times are much longer - it takes 40 seconds to prepare this tank to attack.
Development, equipment, crew
The Maybach HL 295 engine and the 90mm DCA 45 should have been developed while playing with the AMX M4(1945) - you can mount it onto the AMX 50 100 straight away. Then, develop the 100mm SA 47 cannon, suspension and the radio.
Preferred equipment: improved guidance system, vertical stabilizer, improved ventilation.
Optional equipment: toolbox
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew. Alternatively, you can select the snap shot (the gunner) and smooth ride (the driver).
As a descendant of the AMX M4(1945), the AMX 50 100 also has very poor armoring. Both its turret and its hull can be penetrated by any tank that it may encounter in the battlefield - only the glacis plate is capable of occasional repelling an enemy shell but, in the HEAT of the battle, you should not rely on it. Direct hits into the rear of the vehicle can set it on fire, direct hits into the turret, often damage the ammo compartment.
How to play...
...as the driver of the AMX 50 100?
- This tank comes equipped with a cannon with the revolver magazine. This means that, reloading the entire magazine takes longer (around 48 seconds) but the intervals between the individual shots are about 2 second long. For this reason, the best tactic is to find an enemy, fire at them the entire series (usually, after the fourth one, the enemy will be ready to attack again) and retreat to reload.
- While fighting with vehicles of the same, or lower tier, often will you be able to destroy the tank in one attack, which is why the AMX 50 100 is perfect for one-on-one duels. The condition is that the distance between you and the enemy cannot be too great and all the shells must reach the target.
- The armor of this vehicle is quite poor, which is why it is better to stay in the second line and attack the enemy at the moment at which he has already fired his shot. It is imperative that you avoid artillery fire - or only takes one direct hit to turn the AMX 50 100 into a steaming wreckage.
- Due to the long reload times, you need to keep a careful eye on the environment, to prevent getting in front of the enemy, when your cannon is still not yet ready to fire.
- This tank has a high top speed, but you should only be using that for quick relocation. Any lonely racing around the map, or attempts at scouting, nearly always have a tragic end to them.
- This vehicle has a relatively low elevation arc - the best idea is to use it for combat over flat terrain and avoid any battles around hills or elevations.
- Due to the unique playing style (the quick attack and long reload cycle)this vehicle may be quite difficult to master by beginner players. I recommend it only for advanced players.
...against the AMX 50 100?
- Never get involved into one-on-one duels with the AMX 50 100, if you are on a tank of tier VIII, or lower. The French tank is capable of destroying you in one attack and then up and leave. The most important thing is to count how many shots it has fired and attack after it is out of ammo to eliminate you (each shot from this tank deals, around, 300 points of damage).
- Once you have noticed the enemy vehicle that is lurking nearby, and you are engaged into combat with the other enemy tanks, you need to be prepared for a potential attack of the AMX 50 100. These vehicles often appear from behind covers at the moment that you fire, and retreat before you manage to reload.
- The best method to eliminate the AMX 50 100 is to concentrate all the available cannons on it and de-track it. This vehicle should always be the initial target because, even with 100 health points, it is capable of dealing 1800 points of damage.
- The AMX 50 100 is a perfect target for artillery. The big and poorly armored tank can be destroyed, even after the initial shot.