57mm 55-57FG: penetration 112mm; damage 85
Hull: 45mm/45mm/40mm, turret: 52mm/52mm/45mm
450 health points
Top speed: 55km/h, engine: 500HP
Medium range combat, support tank, close combat
Type T-34 is a Chinese copy of the Soviet T-34. This tank is identical, in nearly every respect, with its original - the only important difference is the worse possibility to lower the cannon, in the Eastern tank. This vehicle is universal and it can fight both at short range, by circling around the enemy and by attacking at long range, thanks to the accurate 57mm 55-57FG cannon. This tank is very fast and it reaches the top speed quickly. Its armor and the average number of health points, is enough to fight vehicles of the same tier. Just like the Soviet T-34, Typ-34 is capable of influencing the outcomes of battles and lead its squad to victory itself.
Development, equipment, crew
The path of development of the Type T-34 is not too complicated. You start by improving on the suspension, to unlock a new turret and the 57mm 55-57FG canon afterwards. Now you can unlock the missing engine and the radio.
You should notice the following relations:
- You receive the V-2-34 engine free of charge, after you have unlock the medium tank (this way, you will save up 5000 experience points)
- You receive the 9RM radio after you have unlocked the 59-16 light tank (this saves up another 4040 experience points)
Since the new engine does not have any considerable influence on the Type T34's performance, you can easily use the above facilitations.
Preferred equipment: Shell rammer, improved guidance system, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net, binocular telescope
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The armor of the Type T-34 only makes it possible to repel some of the shells fired by the tier three and four vehicles - while in combat with equal enemies, it does not ensure appropriate protection. The glacis plate and the side armor can be easily penetrated by cannons of the penetration value of 80mm. The turret is only minimally more durable than the rest of the tank - the fifth tier cannons will have no problems piercing it, without taking into consideration the fatal direct hits into the spots, where there is the turret's front armor under the cannon armor.
The ammo compartment is located at the back of the turret and directly under it; the engine, which is a standard, at the back of the hull.
How to play...
...As the driver of the Type T-34?
- Your vehicle is one of the faster tier V medium tanks, which allows you to move around the map swiftly, seize strategic positions and flank the enemy forces.
- I recommend against using the Type T-34 as a recon tank, because its range of vision, and its maneuverability, are quite short - often you will be too slow to escape the enemy that you spot.
- The 57mm 55-57FG cannon is the best weapon available for the Type T-34. It is very accurate, while in movement, has a high armor penetration value and very high rate of fire. The damage that this tank is capable of dealing, per minute, is equal (and sometimes even higher) than in the case of tier VII vehicles.
- The Type T-34 can conduct sniper duels with vehicles of the same tier - the 57mm 55-57FG cannon is the most accurate from among tier V cannons. Unfortunately, often after receiving several direct hits, the enemy will retreat. For that reason, the exchange of fire over longer distance is the optimal method of fighting, in the case of the Type T-34.
- While fighting with vehicles of lower tiers, you can angle your vehicle, which will make penetration of the armor, more difficult for your enemy.
- While fighting with vehicles of higher tiers, you should avoid frontal combat (KW-1S is capable of destroying you in one shot). Take advantage of your speed and try to flank the enemy, after which you need to destroy successive targets, using your fire power.
...against the Type T-34?
- While on a vehicle of a lower tier, you need to attack the Type T-34 at the right angle, which will decrease the effectiveness of its armor. You should not get involved into duels, because you are sure to lose then.
- When you drive a tier V vehicle, a lot depends on the current situation. In one-on-one combat, with the Type T-34, the first shot you fire is of great importance - by claiming, at least, some of the enemy's health points, it increases your chances, for victory, greatly, in a situation in which the enemy decides to respond with fire.
- Vehicles of higher tiers, after being angled, are capable of repelling most of the Type T-34's shells. Still, you need to watch out for a marauder, who will be trying to flank you and throw a hail of shells at your side or your back.
- The tank loses its tracks easily - it is worthwhile to shoot at the snub pulley, or the driving sprocket to render the vehicle immobile, and then finish it off with another salvo.