VK 30.01 (H)
7.5/5.5cm Waffe 0725: penetration 157mm; damage 135
Hull: 50mm/50mm/50mm, turret: 80mm/60mm/60mm
660 Hit points
Top speed: 35km/h, engine: 400HP
Sniper, Medium range combat
The VK 30.01 (H) is the second heavy tank available for the Germans and, at the same time, the continuation of the technical thought initiated at the construction of the Durchbruchswagen 2 (D.W.2). This vehicle is quite slow and quite poorly armored, but it has an excellent armament, which allows it to defeat enemies of a higher tier. The 7.5/5.5cm Waffe 0725 cannon is highly accurate and it has an excellent penetration value, thanks to which you will have no problems damaging tanks like the KV-1, the KV-1S or even the Tiger or the IS. The skills that you have obtained, while driving the VK 30.01 (H), will definitely come in handy in future, when you will be driving the famous Tiger.
Development, equipment, crew
The development of the VK 30.01 (H) is quite complicated and requires quite a lot of experience points. Your first step should be to mount the 7.5cm KwK 40 L/43 cannon as quickly as possible, which will allow you to take on the majority of tier V enemies. Now you need to unlock the Maybach HL 190 engine - an additional 75 HP should do for some time. The next step should be improving the suspension and mounting a new turret. On a vehicle thus prepared, you can now mount new armament: the 10.5cm KwK 42 L/28 cannon, or the 7.5cm KwK 40 L/48 cannon. Regardless of the option that you choose, you should unlock, and mount the 7.5/5.5cm Waffe 0725 - the cannon is one of the best one available for tier V. Now you can finish your development of the engines, the radio that is missing, and the remaining elements of the equipment, as well as new vehicles.
Preferred equipment: shell rammer, improved guiding system, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net, binocular telescope
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The hull of the VK 30.01 (H) is very poorly armored. The 50mm of steel is capable of stopping only some of the shells fired from lower tier vehicles. Any tier V vehicle, or higher, will be able to overcome this obstacle.
The turret is a bit more resilient - the cannon armor has the thickness of 80mm which, in combination with its slight curvature, will protect the tank from smaller caliber cannons. The sides and the back of the turret are protected, merely, by 60mm of steel that can be overcome by literally any cannon.
The ammo compartment is located at the back of the turret and directly below it: the engine, typically at the back of the hull. Shots fired at the center of the bottom front armor plate can damage the gearbox and set the vehicle on fire.
How to play...
...As the driver of the VK 30.01 (H)?
- This tank is slow and poorly armored. For this reason, at the beginning of the game, you should select several locations from which to conduct sniper fire.
- Because of the reliable armoring of the turret and a good vertical operation angle of the cannon, you should implement the hull down tactic as often as possible.
- While selecting the location, you need to remember that the tank is susceptible to artillery fire!
- The 7.5/5.5cm Waffe 0725 cannon is accurate, with high penetration value, thanks to which you can easily take on all of the enemy tanks that you encounter, and pierce them from the front.
- This tank can use the 10.5cm KwK 42 L/28 cannon. Unfortunately, the howitzer is quite inaccurate and may require you to approach the enemy, where you will be susceptible to damage.
- You should remember about changing your sniper position regularly, in such a way, so as to be able to fire at the enemy. By staying in one spot throughout the entire game, not only will you be unable to help your squad, but also you will die, sooner or later.
...against the VK 30.01 (H)?
- The most important thing is to detect the enemy, because this vehicle is usually staying at the back of the opposing squad. To do that, you can take the help of the players who move around on fast tanks.
- If the enemy is in the open area, you can easily attack him - most of the shells that you fire should be capable of piercing the armor.
- In the case in which the enemy uses the Hull Down strategy, and your cannon is insufficient to pierce through the turret, you will have to decrease the distance. On your way, use any natural obstacle - the VK 30.01 (H) is slow enough to have problems changing positions constantly.
- The cal. 10.5cm (or 122mm) howitzers that use premium shells are capable of destroying the opponent quickly - two well-aimed direct hits will do the job.
- Over a short distance, light and medium tanks can easily circle around the enemy, avoid its fire and attack its poorly armored hull.
- If the enemy is staying behind an elevation, you can easily destroy it with artillery fire.