10.5cm Bordkanone L7A3: penetration 268mm; damage 390
Hull: 70mm/35mm/25mm, turret: 52mm/60mm/60mm
1950 hit points
Top speed: 65km/h, engine: 830HP
Sniper, Medium range combat, support tank, passive scout
Unlike the prototype, the mass-production Leopard has a bit better cannon of swift focus time, perfect accuracy and high rate of fire. Apart from that, the characteristic feature of this tank is the extraordinary range of vision, and good angle of vertical movement for the cannon, which allows it to conduct fire from behind elevations. The flaws? Just like in the predecessor,: the armor that cannot protect you even from the fire of light tanks and high susceptibility to module damage. Apart from that, the tank is perfect as a scout and the squad sniper. Playing with the Leopard 1 requires of the player perfect knowledge of the map and of enemy vehicles - unfortunately, this vehicle is not forbearing.
Development, equipment, crew
The Leopard 1 has the elite status from the very beginning. .
Recommended equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, coated optics
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net, binocular telescope, improved guiding system, improved ventilation
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms or camouflage for the entire crew.
The Leopard 1 has no armoring that would, in any way, protect it against the tanks it encounters. The only thing is that shells aimed at the cannon armor may ricochet sporadically.
The ammo compartment is at the front side of the hull (!) with the engine at the back. Several quick direct hits into the front of the Leopard 1 should blow the vehicle up.
How to play...
...as the driver of the Leopard 1?
- Playing with the Leopard 1 is similar to playing the Leopard PT A. The tier X medium tank is faster at targeting and has a perfect angle of vertical cannon movement, which enables it to conduct fire from behind elevations. Additionally, its rate of fire is higher.
- The Leopard 1 is one of the fastest tanks in the game, which allows it to take a strategic position on the map. Thanks to the long range of vision, if equipped with the binocular telescope, or the coated optics, is capable of detecting enemy vehicles before they spot you. Additionally, this vehicle has a high camouflage ratio, which makes it easier to conduct reconnaissance.
- The 10.5cm Bordkanone L7A3 cannon is probably the best one available for tier X medium vehicles. It has perfect accuracy and penetration value, and it also deals very high damage. It also has a perfect vertical movement angle and very short focus time. Thanks to the high rate of fire, The Leopard 1 deals very high damage per minute.
- This tank has no thick armor - each direct hit deals damage to this tanks and often wounds the crew, or damages the modules.
- In spite of the high rate of fire, of the 10.5cm Bordkanone L7A3 cannon, this tank should never be involved in frontal combat with the opponent. The weak armor and susceptibility to damage, usually will result in your defeat. The Leopard should conduct continuous fire from afar, from a safe position - only by sticking the turret out from behind an elevation, is the best option).
- The Leopard 1 is highly vulnerable to artillery fire - it only takes one direct hit and the tank turns into a wreckage. It is necessary that you stay in hiding and use your camouflage. Also, the commander's sixth sense is very useful here.
...against the Leopard 1?
- Just like in the case of the remaining medium tanks, you need to keep track of their location on the map and counteract every maneuver that they make. In this case, the task is easier, because the Leopard 1 is a big target that is susceptible to damage.
- The Leopard 1 has no armor to speak of. If you spot the tank, you can easily fire weapon of any caliber at it - in most cases, you will deal damage.
- If you get the opportunity to, it pays off to attack the Leopard 1 up front, although you need then to consider the number of health points that both you and the enemy have. While firing at the front armor of the enemy vehicle, your chances at destroying the ammo compartment, and blowing up the vehicle, are high.
- The Leopard 1 is highly susceptible to artillery fire. This big and poorly armored tank can be destroyed with one shell only.