10.5cm KwK 45 L/52 Ausf.K: penetration 270mm; damage 390
Hull: 150mm/80mm/80mm, turret: 185mm/80mm/80mm
2050 hit points
Top speed: 60km/h, engine: 1200HP
Medium range combat, close combat, sniper
The E-50 Ausf.M is a modified version of the E-50 of the IX Tier. Its features are the increased amount of health points and much better mobility, in comparison with the predecessor. Additionally, it has been equipped with a better cannon, of the highest penetration value and accuracy, available for medium tanks. From the E-50 Ausf.M , also one of the greatest flaws, haunting all of the German tanks, has been eliminated - the gearbox is at the back of the vehicle, thanks to which this tank does not set on fire after being hit into the lower front armor.
Development, equipment, crew
The E-50 Ausf.M has the elite status from the very beginning. .
Recommended equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net, binocular telescope, improved guiding system, coated optics
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The armor pattern in the E-50 Ausf.M is identical with the E-50's. The only difference here is the location of the gearbox, which now is at the back of the vehicle. Thanks to this, direct hits into the lower front armor plate DO NOT set the tank on fire.
The glacis plate of the E-50 Ausf.M is a 150mm thick steel plate, inclined at a considerable angle. This fragment is practically impossible to damage, apart from some of the tier X cannons. Fortunately, the lower plate is, barely, 100mm thick, thanks to which cannons of the penetration value of 200mm , or higher, will be capable of damaging it. The sides and the rear of the tank are quite susceptible to damage, because they are protected by 80mm of armor.
The turret in the E-50 Ausf.M is similar, in shape, to the one that you have already seen on the Pz.Kpfw.V Panther and Panther II. Its glacis plate is 185mm thick but, it is quite small, due to which the majority of shells hits either the thick cannon armor or the side armor which is inclined at a considerable angle: as a result, the shell will ricochet and you will deal no damage to the enemy. While attacking the turret, you either need to take a good aim (this is usually possible only as late as in combat at short distance) or aim at its sides or its rear side.
The ammo compartment is located at the back of the turret and directly under it; the engine, typically, at the back of the hull.
How to play...
...as the driver of the E-50 Ausf.M?
- Playing with the E-50 Ausf.M is identical with the one in the case of the E-50. The only difference here is the cannon: a tie X medium tank has better armor penetration value.
- The E-50 Ausf.M is the best armored medium tank in the game, of high mobility and top speed, and also with very good armament. For this reason, it allows you to play as a mobile sniper, a flanking vehicle or even as an assault tank, used to break through the enemy lines.
- The E-50 Ausf.M jest is excellently armored and is capable of withstand an impressive number of direct hits. The glacis plate is, virtually, indestructible and, after you conceal your lower plate, the enemy will have quite a problem with eliminating you. The turret s visibly weaker but, still is a perfect defense against enemy fire.
- The 10.5cm KwK 45 L/52 cannon of the Ausf.K is one of the best cannons in the game, available for tier X medium tanks. It has excellent accuracy, the highest penetration value , if loaded with ammo available for credits, and deals a lot of damage. The focus time is also quite low, thanks to which the E-50 Ausf.M can quickly target and eliminate successive targets.
- As a sniper, you can easily eliminate most of the vehicles in the game, especially the light and medium tanks. Thanks to the perfect accuracy, you can easily hit weak points in the armoring of heavy tanks, at the distance of, even, 200meters.
- While using the E-50 Ausf.M as a flanking vehicle, thanks to the considerable top speed, you can quickly reach your position. Here, you r armament and armoring will allow you to defeat enemy medium tanks and strike at the backs of enemy's heavy tanks.
- In a situation in which you are short of heavy tanks, the E-50 Ausf.M can easily replace them and clear the path for the remaining vehicles in your squad. The excellent armor, in combination with the high amount of health points, will allow you to take several direct hits, which will provide the rest of the squad with enough time to eliminate the rest of the opponents.
- The E-50 Ausf.M is a quite heavy tanks which, in combination with the considerable to p speed and thick armor, allows it to ram into most of the enemy vehicles. Ramming into a light enemy vehicle, with the charging E-50, often ends fatally for the opponent.
...against E-50 Ausf.M?
- The E-50 Ausf.M is a very dangerous opponent and, while fighting with it, you should keep an eye, constantly, on its location on the map. As far as it is possible, always direct the largest caliber cannons at it - the faster you destroy the tank, the greatest the chances for victory.
- The majority of tanks will have problems damaging the E-50 Ausf.M from the front. The best way is to attack the lower front plate, the sides or the back of the vehicle. If you have to shoot at the turret, it is necessary that you aim at its flat parts.
- The E-50 Ausf.M is a very heavy and very fast vehicle. Thanks to this, it is perfect for ramming into smaller opponents. If you see a E-50 Ausf.M charging at you, there are two things that you can do: either try to avoid the hit, or take a shot at the caterpillar tread of the speeding tank. If you manage to damage suspension, the force of the speed will turn the tank sideways or back to you, which will allow you to deal damage to it easily.
- Unless you are on a tier X tank destroyer, I recommend against sniper duels with the E-50 Ausf.M.
- If you are driving the Soviet or the Chinese medium tank, you can try "gluing" to the side of the E-50 Ausf.M. It is a quite tall tank and will have problems damaging the smaller opponent.