VK 30.02 (D)
7.5cm KwK 42 L/70: penetration 150mm; damage 135
Hull: 80mm/45mm/50mm, turret: 120mm/60mm/60mm
1250 hit points
Top speed: 56km/h, engine: 720HP
Medium range combat, support tank, close combat
Another prototype of the medium tank manufactured by Daimler-Benz. In comparison with the VK 30.01 (D), it has a glacis plate, higher top speed and shorter reload times of the cannon. Unfortunately, its armament and armor are inadequate for the enemies that you encounter, due to which the commander, of this vehicle, will constantly have to search for a convenient position to attack the sides and the back of the enemy vehicles. Fortunately, high mobility of the VK 30.02 (D), allows it to move around the battlefield freely and circumvent the slower heavy tanks. Thanks to the considerable weight, it is quite effective at ramming into the lighter enemies of the lower tiers.
Development, equipment, crew
Right at the outset, you should fit the tank with the 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 cannon, and the Maybach HL 230 TRM P30 engine, developed for the VK 30.01 (D). Since your driving unit and armament is sufficient, you can now unlock a newer suspension and turret (this will increase the amount of your health points). Now, depending on your preferences, you can either mount the cal. 88mm cannon, or remain with the old one. You should also develop a new engine, which will decrease the risk of setting the vehicle on fire after it is hit.
Recommended equipment: shell rammer, vertical stabilizer, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net, binocular telescope, improved guiding system
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The armoring pattern for the VK 30.02 (D) is analogous to the one that you see on the VK 30.01 (D). the upper part of the glacis plate is now 80mm thick which, after you angle the vehicle, is capable of protecting you from the shells capable of penetrating 150 mm steel. The sides and the rear are still, as if they were cut out of paper - each impact deals damage here.
The turret of the VK 30.02 (D) is much more resilient this time. Its front plate is 120mm thick but, it is quite small, due to which, most shells will hit either the thick cannon shield, or a side plate which is inclined at a considerable angle.: this will result in a ricochet and you will not deal damage to the enemy. While attacking the turret, you need to take a good aim, or target the sides or the back.
The ammo compartment is located at the back of the turret and directly under it; the engine, typically, at the back of the hull. Shots fired into the center of the lower glacis plate are capable of damaging the gearbox and setting the tank on fire.
How to play...
...as the driver of the of the VK 30.02 (D)?
- In the case, in which you use the starting turret, the playing style with the VK 30.02 (D) is identical to the one employed in the case of the VK 30.01 (D). After you mount another turret, the vehicle becomes less mobile, due to which combat over medium distance will be preferred (up to 200 meters).
- Your vehicle is quite swift and highly mobile, which will allow you to move around the map, seize strategic positions and flank the enemy quickly.
- The tank's glacis plate will ensure you with some grade of protection against tier V vehicles and some of the vehicles of tier VI. The improved turret is much more resilient and the shots fired at it ricochet quite often.
- Thanks to the considerable angle of vertical movement of the cannon, you can attack from behind elevations.
- While fighting heavier opponents, take advantage of your mobility to attack them from the sides or from the back. You can easily circumvent slow, single targets. This method becomes ineffective after you mount the second turret.
- The 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 cannon is insufficient for a tier VII vehicle. It is very accurate, with moderate penetration factor but it deals little damage, insufficient to defeat the heavy tanks that you encounter.
- The best playing method is to fire several shells at the side, or the back of the enemy's vehicle, after which you retreat and change your shooting position.
- Never get involved into a frontal exchange of fire with the enemy! Your tank deals very little damage per minute.
- This tank is quite swift and heavy, which allows it to ram into the smaller and lighter vehicles.
...against VK 30.02 (D)?
- Just like any other medium tank, the VK 30.02 (D) will be trying to flank its enemy before starting fire. You should not allow this to happen - thanks to this, you will save your artillery and ensure yourself with room to maneuver.
- While on a tank of a lower tier, you should attack the sides and the back of the VK 30.02 (D). You should also watch out for a charging enemy, because he can ram into you.
- Most tier VIII and tier IX tanks are practically, invulnerable to the VK 30.02 (D)'s frontal. You only need to protect your sides and the back, and you will take no considerable damage from this tank.
- The VK 30.02 (D) deals quite low damage per minute. You can easily conduct frontal exchange of fire with this tank - in most cases you will emerge unscathed from such a duel.