VK 30.01 (M)
7.5cm KwK 42 L/70: penetration 150mm; damage 135
Hull: 60mm/40mm/40mm, turret: 100mm/45mm/45mm
840 hit points
Top speed: 55km/h, engine: 750HP
Medium range combat, sniper, support tank
The VK 30.02 (M) is nothing else than the prototypical model of the Panther. This vehicle is one of the best tier VI medium tanks, available for the German technology tree. The strong armor (the glacis plate is inclined at an angle, which increases its durability to fire considerably), combined with good mobility, a lot of health points and sufficient armament in the form of the cal. 75mm cannon, will let you move around the battlefield freely and eliminate successive targets. The skills that you have learned, while driving the VK 30.02 (M) will translate directly into your effectiveness while driving the Panther.
Development, equipment, crew
VK 30.02 (M) is a tank that is relatively easy to develop (although it requires a lot of experience points). The 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 cannon is transferred from the VK 30.01 (H) - mount it. Then, improve the engines in order to increase the vehicle's mobility. Now, you only need to unlock new suspension and turret, as well as the elements of the vehicle that are missing.
Recommended equipment: shell rammer, improved guiding system, improved ventilation
Optional equipment: toolbox, camouflage net, binocular telescope
Skills and perks: sixth sense for the commander, repair for the rest of the crew. Then, brothers in arms for the entire crew.
The VK 30.02 (M) is shaped in the way characteristic for the later German medium tanks. The entire glacis plate is inclined in relation to the horizontal plane: the 60 mm steel plate will protect this vehicle from shells fired by the lower tier tanks and, after you incline the vehicle, it can sometimes withstand an impact of 120-130 mm with p penetration. The sides and the back are, as always, vulnerable to fire.
The turret of the VK 30.02 (M) is protected with 100 mm armor but, the majority of the front space is covered with the thick cannon armor, which provides additional protection. Depending on the angle of inclination, it can stop the shells capable of piercing 150 mm of steel. The cupola may seem like it is the weak point, but in most cases, (and especially in the case of battles at the distance below 100 m) it is better to aim at the glacis plate.
The ammo compartment is located at the back of the turret and directly below it; the engine is, typically, located at the back of the hull. Shots fired into the center of the lower glacis plate are capable of damaging the gearbox and setting the tank on fire.
How to play...
...as the driver of the of the VK 30.02 (M)?
- This vehicle is a combination of the support tank and sniper. At all times, you should be out searching for a convenient position to fire the 7.5cm cannon at the enemies.
- The glacis plate and the turret provide protection against low-caliber cannons. The turret often reflects the shells fired from tier VI vehicles, especially during sniper duels over the distance of 300 m, or greater. Take advantage of this while employing the hull down tactic.
- The 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 cannon has a very good armor penetration value, good accuracy and high rate of fire. It is perfect against weak points of the enemy vehicles. While using this cannon, you should make sure the\at frontal exchange of fire with the enemy does not take place.
- This vehicle is quite big, due to which you may have problems while trying to hide the hull from the enemy fire. Due to the high sides of the VK 30.02 (M) you need to watch out for artillery fire. .
...against the VK 30.02 (M)?
- The vehicles of the lower tiers should attack the VK 30.02 (M) from the side or from the back.
- The 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 cannon, which the VK 30.02 (M) is equipped with, allows it to attack tier VII and tier VIII heavy tanks, using the premium shells.
- I recommend against getting engaged into sniper duels, while on this tank, unless you are equipped with cannons of the penetration value of 175 mm, or higher.
- The VK 30.02 (M) deals quite low damage per minute. The heavy tanks and some medium tanks, up to tier VI, are capable of winning the frontal exchange of fire with this tank.
- The sides of this vehicles are vulnerable to artillery fire. If you notice a motionless VK 30.02 (M) you can try destroying it with one well-aimed shot.