90 mm DCA 45: penetration 212mm; damage 240
Hull: 90mm/40mm/40mm, turret: 100mm/70mm/40mm
Maximum speed: 35km/h, engine: 850KM
Sniper, support tank
Successor of ARL 44, despite the very different shape, resembles German PzKpfw VIB Tiger II. It is a tank very similar to its 6 tier cousin in the way of fighting the battle. The main difference between two French vehicles is increased rate of fire and shortened aiming time, which makes AMX M4(1945) much more fun to drive machine.
Development, equipment, crew
Basic AMX M4(1945) has access to 105mm cannon 13TR researched on ARL 44 - it's worth to install it at once. After that we research new suspension and turret, which will allow us to mount 90mm cannon DCA 45. Finally we unlock missing modules and AMX 50 100 tank.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Improved Ventilation
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew.
AMX M4(1945) is weakest armored 7 tier heavy tank: both its turret and hull can be penetrated by cannons of tier 6, and sides and its back can be penetrated by cannons of tier 5. Hits at the rear side can set it on fire - hits at the turret often damage ammo rack.
How to play...
...as a driver of AMX M4(1945)?
- As with all previous French tanks, AMX M4(1945) is a sniper and should fight on the border of sight range, hidden behind bushes or terrain obstacles.
- By using a cannon 105 mm 13TR this tank can fight on medium distance, although this is not recommended - an enemy counterattack can damage us easily.
- Fighting against 9 tier tanks we can still damage them by shooting at their weak points. If penetration is not possible (E75 or ST-I for example), we can try to flank enemy.
- Encountered artillery can destroy this tank with one shot. So we have to place our vehicle on positions defended against Self-Propelled Guns.
...against AMX M4(1945)?
- Wherever we hit, we should be able to penetrate its armor. In rare cases (AMX M4(1945) placed at very high angle and we're driving the 5 tier tank) we should flank it and fire at its side.
- Two-three fast tanks are able to very quickly destroy AMX M4(1945), attacking it from different sides at once.
- High profile, low speed and poor armor - this is ideal target for artillery. Often we can destroy AMX M$(1945) using only one shell.