90 mm DCA 45: penetration 212mm; damage 240
Hull: 120mm/50mm/50mm, turret: 110mm/30mm/30mm
Maximum speed: 37km/h, engine: 750KM
Sniper, support tank
After very weak BDR G1B we get very solid machine. Unlike its predecessor, ARL 44 has very good armored hull front and solid turret. Its maximum speed and mobility after research of the last engine, is enough for our purposes, and weapon is the best available on this tier. This tank has cannon capable of damaging each tank in the game, which might be a rival of German 8,8cm KwK 43 L/71 cannon.
Development, equipment, crew
As the primary turret is heavier than ARL 44 nouvelle, we research it as first. Then we research 90 mm F3 cannon, which will allow us to fight with 6 tier tanks on equal terms. Next step is to unlock a suspension and then, depending on our game style, cannons: 90 mm DCA 45 or 105 mm 13TR. After researching gun, we research engine and radio.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Improved Ventilation
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew.
Unlike BDR G1B, ARL 44 has very strongly armored front. 120 mm of steel at the high angle is very difficult area to penetrate. For this reason we should aim at the bottom front plate (quite a difficult target to hit) or at less armored turret. Both these points can be broke through with cannon of about 120 mm penetration.
Side and rear armors are very thin and easy to penetrate by any gun available in the game. Rear hits can easily set this tank on fire and hits on the turret often damage ammo rack.
How to play...
...as a driver of ARL 44?
- Same as with BDR G1B, this tank shouldn't fight in the short distance. A 90mm DCA 45 cannon is perfect for sniper fire from the second line.
- Due to long aiming and reloading time of 90 mm DCA 45 cannon it is worth to fire only with fully focused sight.
- Some players might prefer 105 mm 13TR cannon - it has worse penetration but deals more damage.
- If we play against lower tier tanks, we can lead the attack, but still we have to watch out for any tries to flank us.
- As always, avoid artillery. Hit in the turret can be fatal.
...against ARL 44?
- Do not shoot at hull's front - it rebounds many shells. It is best to attack the weaker turret. Also do not perform sniper shoot-outs with ARL 44 - it has better cannon and front armor than other tanks on same tier.
- If we play lower tier tanks or faster machines, we can easily flank ARL 44 and then attack its 50 mm armor.
- Same as with BDR G1B, artillery can quickly destroy French tanks.