90 mm DCA 30: penetration 135mm; damage 240
Hull: 60mm/40mm/60mm, turret: 80mm/70mm/60mm
Maximum speed: 30km/h, engine: 450KM
BDR G1B is 5 tier heavy tank, with characteristic, pre-war body. It is poorly armored, slow and with large silhouette - unfortunately it is one of worst tanks in its category, but it is necessary to be researched if we are going to drive better vehicles available for French. The only thing which helps in this case is solid cannon - 90 mm DCA 30, which allows it to fight with same tier tanks.
Development, equipment, crew
First we develop new cannon - 75mm long 44 - it is also quite poor, but far better than starting cannon 75mm SA32. After that we research new suspension, Renault T14 engine, new turret and finally the best gun available for us: 90 mm DCA 30. After developing the cannon we research ARL 44 tank.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Improved Ventilation
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew.
This tank is badly armored and each 5 tier machine, as well as most of 4 tier vehicles, are able to penetrate it at any point. If we have problems with damaging it, we can shoot at its side - 40 mm of armor can be penetrated even by first cannons available in the game.
How to play...
...as a driver of BDR G1B?
- Never play on the first line! Bad armor makes that every opponent is able to break through.
- Playing on the second line we can attack all enemy tanks: 130 mm of penetration on the 90 mm DCA 30 cannon will allow us to penetrate every 5 tier tank. Only KV-1 set at the angle might cause problems.
- If we encounter 6 or higher tier enemy, the only chance is to attack them from the flank. We have to watch out for counter attack, because one or two hits will eliminate us from the fight.
- Hide from the artillery. Self-propelled guns are able to quickly turn our tank into burning wreckage.
- Unfortunately we have to bite the bullet and get over this machine. Later will be only better :)
...against BDR G1B?
- We can attack it once we can see it. Only if we have bad luck, our shells will ricochet on enemy armor.
- Playing lower or same tier tank, we have to watch out for its fire. Despite the fact that this tank is poorly armored, its cannon can still inflict large damage.
- Artillery fire or HE shells quickly eliminate this tank from the fight.