105 mm cannon T5E1: penetration 198mm; damage 320
Hull: 127mm/76mm/51mm, turret: 298mm/197mm/152mm
Maximum speed: 35km/h, engine: 800KM
Close combat, Medium range combat, sniper
Continuing our tour over the American heavy tanks tree, we find the successor of T29 - T32. It is smaller than its predecessor but better armored, with less weak points and more HP. In addition it is slightly lighter than its predecessor, thus reaching maximum speed faster. T32 is one of the best balanced tanks in the game: it combines good armor with high mobility and solid (though not sufficient) cannon. For these reasons it is considered as one of best tanks in the game and is frequent choice in World of Tanks tournaments.
T32 is not much different tan T29 in gamestyle - it can perform same maneuvers and its hull down position is even safer than in its predecessor, due to better armored turret (both front and sides) and smaller hull. Front plate is upgraded, so this tank is very good in close combat, especially in frontal "hugging" to the enemy. Few tanks are able to defeat it in such position.
Development, equipment, crew
Because T32 uses modules, which were used with T29, we just have to research new suspension to mount them on the tank. Next step is developing new turret, because the basic one has only 114 mm of armor on the front and every opponent may penetrate it. After mounting new super-turret, we only have to collect experience for M103.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, vertical stabilizer, Improved Ventilation.
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew. If we intend to use this tank for longer, it is worth to invest into: Snap Shot, Clutch Braking or Smooth Ride.
Like T29, T32 has quite weak hull and very resistant turret. Top front plate is a little better armored that at its predecessor and is set at higher angle, thus after setting the tank at slight angle, many shots can ricochet on it. The safest way is to aim at the machine gun stand or bottom front plate. The turret is indestructible from the front - only strongest cannons in the game have any chances to penetrate it and this doesn't happen often. Sides and rear of the turret are also heavily armored, but in this case high caliber cannons can damage it. If T32 "hugs" us, we are practically lost. The only option is to shot at commander's cupola (but it is very hard to aim it) or changing to HE shells and aiming at the cannon. In the second case we will have to wait for support of our team, so our colleagues can destroy the opponent.
Sides and rear of the hull are weakly armored and easy to break through. Ammo rack is located under the turret and the engine is located in the rear part of the tank.
How to play...
...as a driver of T32?
- Same as with T29 we look for positions where we can hide our hull and the opponent can attack us only from the front. If in addition we can fide the place covered against enemy artillery, our tank will be almost impossible to defeat.
- We have the same cannon as T29 - 105 mm T5E1. Due to the low penetration value, we can attack from the distance only lower tier tanks.
- When fighting at the medium or short distance, we can aim at weak points of stronger machines, stopping them effectively (shots at tracks) or just destroying them.
- T32 is best suited for the close combat, "hugging" to the enemy. In this position it is best to shoot at weak points on enemy armor (as commander's cupola), being resistant to counter-attack.
- T32 has also resistant tracks (same as T29) and can take shots at them.
- This tank can even more lower the cannon, what helps it to shoot from behind the hill, without exposing its hull for fire.
- If the enemy tries to get close to us we have to break its tracks and try to destroy it before it shortens the distance. We never allow T32 to "hug" our tank.
- If the T32 has "hugged" us, load the HE shells and shoot its cannon and call for support. Self-releasing is almost impossible.
- If the enemy is in hull down position we have to flank it. Frontal attack can be carried out only if we have more tanks than enemy: in this case we try to shorten the distance and attack opponent's sides. As a last resort we use the HE shells, shooting at its turret - there is small chance that we damage its cannon, thus reducing accuracy of T32.
- Despite the fact, that T32 is smaller than T29, it is still vulnerable for artillery fire. If we can see it in hull down position, it is time to call support of self-propelled guns.