VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B
12,8cm KwK 44 L/55: penetration 246mm; damage 490
Hull: 170mm/100mm/100mm, turret: 252mm/160mm/160mm
Maximum speed: 30km/h, engine: 840KM
Sniper, Medium range combat
On paper VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B 9affectionally known as Minimaus) may look like a copy of E-75: it is slow, has thick armor, and has the same cannon and even more HP. However, in contrast to other German tanks, its turret is located in an unusual place: at the end of its hull. At first it might seem as a huge drawback, but with the right leaning out from behind buildings and ruins, this can be a huge advantage of this vehicle. In addition, thicker front armor guarantees that most of shots hitting our front will ricochet. This tank, despite its unique design and a way of driving, should prepare us well to drive its successor - Maus.
Development, equipment, crew
Since VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B uses the same engine as VK 4502 (P) Ausf. A, we do not have much room to maneuver here. If we didn't drive King Tiger before, the best available cannon for us will be 10,5cm KwK 45 L/52, which is insufficient. In this case we should consider researching stronger 10,5cm KwK 46 L/68, which will make collecting credits for other modules easier. However, if we want to get the best cannon, 12,8cm KwK 44 L/55, as soon as possible, then we follow the path: suspension, turret, new gun.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, vertical stabilizer, Improved Ventilation.
- Optional equipment: Toolbox, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew.
Armor of VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B is almost identical as the one which E-75 has. Front of the turret is hard to damage and the only weak point of the turret is commander's cupola. Sides can rebound lower caliber shells. Front plate, both top and bottom, rebounds most of shots, even largest caliber, if set at the angle. However, in contrast to E-75, it is not indestructible: front of the Minimaus has two weak points, making possible to defeat it at short distance. These are machine gun pit and driver's sight - both can be broken through with cannons of 200 mm penetration. Bottom plate is similar in resistance to the one that E-75 has: shooting at it at right angle we should have no problems with penetrating VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B. Sides of this tank are very vulnerable to shots, as well as its rear. Ammo rack is located under the turret and engine is located in the middle part of the vehicle.
How to play...
...as a driver of VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B?
- Fight at long distance shouldn't cause too much trouble: we have very thick armor and solid, accurate cannon and our weak points are so small that the opponent won't be able to hit them.
- Short range fight is very risky, because we can get easily flanked and destroyed: we have to keep observing the map and know where enemy forces are. Once we are sure, that the opponent can attack us only from one direction, we can begin the assault.
- Since our front armor has several weak points, the best method for fighting is to hide it behind some terrain obstacle and lean out a bit rear part of the vehicle. Thanks to unique turret position we will be able to continue shooting.
- Unlike E-75, we can't attack enemy positions with impunity, because we are always at risk of breaking tracks and being flanked.
- When fighting with another 9 tier tank, we can easily start the shoot-out. Minimaus has the largest amount of HP among all 9 tier tanks.
- We have always to watch out for enemy self-propelled guns. Our tank is very vulnerable to artillery fire.
...against VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B?
- As in case of E-75, we can't start any frontal shoot-out. Almost certainly we will lose the clash.
- This tank is one of the least mobile 9 tier vehicles, thus it is very easy to flank it and then destroy it. If it is possible, we can help ourselves by breaking Minimaus's tracks.
- Artillery is able to rapidly turn Minimaus in a flaming wreck, so it is worth to use this support.