PzKpfw VIB Tiger II
10,5cm KwK 46 L/68: penetration 225mm; damage 320
Hull: 150mm/80mm/80mm, turret: 185mm/80mm/80mm
Maximum speed: 28km/h, engine: 870KM
Sniper, fight in close combat
PzKpfw VIB Tiger II, so called King Tiger or just KT, is one of the most commonly used 8 tier tanks in the game. This vehicle is natural successor to PzKpfw VI Tiger, but in most cases doesn't have its drawbacks. Same as its predecessor, it has one of the best cannon on its tier, is very accurate and has large amount of HP. Unlike Tiger, King Tiger is very well-armored, both the tower and the hull, and its frontal plate is not placed vertically but at an angle, which further enhances its already impressive armor. This tank is a perfect sniper: thanks to high penetration of 10,5cm KwK 46 L/68 cannon it can easily break through each 8 tier tank, as well as seriously threaten 9 and even 10 tier tanks. Due to upgraded frontal armor it can fight in a close combat and lead the attacks on cities and among ruins. In addition, despite the low maximum speed, King Tiger is surprisingly maneuverable, so can quite easily protect its sides and rear against medium tanks.
Development, equipment, crew
This tank has several development paths. You can try to quickly research 10,5cm KwK 46 L/68 cannon, which will give us great firepower but leave us vulnerable for attack on short range. Another possibility is to stay with efficient 8,8cm KwK 43 L/71 and research new suspension and a resistant turret - thanks to that lower tier tanks won't be able to penetrate it regularly, but we will have less firepower. This choice between firepower and armor will define our role on the battlefield for next several dozen fights, until we research all modules.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, vertical stabilizer, Improved Ventilation.
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew. You might consider Preventative Maintenance for Driver and Safe Storage for Loader.
Front of PzKpfw VIB Tiger II is highly resistant to damage. When the opponent places it at the angle, the top plate becomes almost indestructible, while bottom plate will often rebound shots. In this case it will be easier to break through front of enemy turret - we can also aim at the commander's cupola. When King Tiger is placed at the right angle to us, we should always aim at the bottom plate: most shot from the guns with penetration of 175 mm minimum should break through from the distance between 50 and 100 m. Additionally, each shell which penetrates the frontal armor has a great chance to set the tank on fire. By attacking the King Tiger from the flank or rear, you won't have problems with penetrating it. If we aim a bit below the turret we can damage ammo rack, and if we aim at the rear - engine. Turret sides are very easy to be penetrated and hits can injure tankers.
How to play...
...as a driver of PzKpfw VIB Tiger II?
- If we're on the top of the least, we lead the fight. Our tank, as one of the most armored machines, should start each attack.
- Since we have the best cannon, do not hesitate to shot at the maximum distance. Mostly it doesn't matter where we hit - the shell will anyway penetrate armor of lower tier tank.
- When fighting lower tier tanks, we can get very close to their front. If we turn the turret a bit, the opponent won't be able to damage us.
- When fighting with same tier tank, remember about placing the front of our machine at the angle. King Tiger has very high resistance to hits and many shells just ricochet on its armor.
- When fighting frontally with higher tier tanks, we have to aim at their weak points. Shooting from the side we are able to penetrate each machine in the game, so it is worth to use our mobility and flank slower vehicles.
...against PzKpfw VIB TigerII?
- When our cannon has penetration around 240 mm or more, each shot should break through enemy armor. Only the front al plate, placed at very high angle will rebound our shot - in that case we aim the lower front al plate.
- All hits which penetrate front of King Tiger can set it on fire. The same is with rear hits: this is one, big gasoline tank, waiting for the spark.
- When we command the same tier tank, we have to aim at weak points in King Tiger's armor. In this case each hit counts.
- If the enemy gets close to us, it depends on its turret. If King Tiger has base turret (1500 HP max), we can shoot at its front. But if he has modified version of turret (1600 HP), everything depends on our cannon: if it has penetration greater than 200 mm, we can break through turret's front - if the cannon is not so powerful, we have to aim at commander's cupola.
- When driving lower tier tank it is best to attack King Tiger with several allies and try to flank it. Alone attack on its side is very hard, because this tank can quickly turn both turret and hull.
- If this tank attacks us with the full speed, we can try to damage its tracks: after hit it will turn to us with his side and then stop.