PzKpfw VI Tiger
8,8cm KwK 43 L/71: penetration 203mm; damage 240
Hull: 100mm/82mm/82mm, turret: 100mm/82mm/82mm
Maximum speed: 30km/h, engine: 870KM
PzKpfw VI Tiger is one of the most known tanks of the II World War, being a real challenge for Allied forces, consisting mainly of medium tanks. In World of Tanks Tiger unfortunately is not on the top of the food chain, so it will often meet much stronger opponents. The main Pzkpwf VI Tiger commander's task is to find a suitable location on the map, where it will be able to shoot at enemy, without being exposed to the counter-attack at the same time. Because of its quite poor armor it should not fight in close combat, but thanks to super accuracy of German cannons it can damage or even destroy its enemies, before they can spot it. But once it happens, commander should find another position and continue the fight from there. In the last phase of the battle, when there are few machines left on the battlefield, Tiger can try the frontal attack and shoot-out with opponents at shorter distance: thanks to high rate of fire and large HP it can defeat almost each opponent of the same tier. When fighting higher tier enemies, we should use our great accuracy and solid penetration of 8,8cm KwK 43 L/71 gun to attack weak point in enemy armor.
Development, equipment, crew
By researching Tiger through the VK 3601 (H), we should have 8,8cm KwK 35 L/56 cannon, Maybach HL 230 P 45 engine and FuG 12 radio. If we do not have such modules, they should become priority for us. After that we should invest in a new turret and best available cannon - "long 88" (8,8cm KwK 43 L/71). Eventually we research all missing modules.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Improved Ventilation.
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew.
More malicious players will say that the whole PzKpfw VI Tiger is one big weak point. Unfortunately its armor is not thick enough to stop shells from 7 tier guns. Despite that fact, it is worth remembering that shots in the front armor on the high angle or at the yoke sometimes won't be able to penetrate the target. If we're driving the lower tier tank, such as T-34, and we have to fight the Tiger, we should attack its sides or back at right angle. As a last resort we can try to shoot at its lower plate and hope for the fire.
How to play...
...as a driver of PzKpfw VI Tiger?
Use the terrain obstacles to hide our tank. Trees, bushes, ruins - each of them increases out chances to survive.
- Attack at a distance, using good accuracy and high penetration of our cannon. Support other heavy tanks which fight in close combat.
- Move with the front line, keeping the proper distance for sniper fire.
- As a last resort, fight at short distance, using a large amount of our tank's HP as advantage.
- Fighting with higher tier tanks, try to shoot at their sides or weak armor points.
...against PzKpfw VI Tiger?
- Avoid shooting opponent at high angle, so almost each of our shell should penetrate enemy armor.
- By aiming at the lower plate or the rear part of the hull, we can set the Tiger on fire and inflict huge damage. We can also damage some of modules.
- We should fight at short distance, where the enemy can't use all its advantages (mainly great accuracy).
- Call for artillery support - Tiger is one of the easiest targets to be destroyed.