World War Z is focuses heavily on the cooperative aspect, allowing a 4-man team to play through several story missions. The "story mode", however, is not the only one available - the game gives access to various PvP modes, in which players, still joined in teams, compete against other players. From this chapter you will learn how to access the mode and what game modes can be found in World War Z.
- How to access the PvP mode?
- What are the available PvP modes?
- What are the classes available in PvP mode?
How to access the PvP mode?
The PvP modes can be accessed from the main menu of the game. In order to do that, you need to go into "Multiplayer" and then select "Find Match" option. From there you will have access to the automatic matchmaking system, as well as various modes. Additionally, here you can see through all of the PvP-only classes - they differ significantly in comparison to the story-related ones.
What are the available PvP modes?
After accessing the Multiplayer, you will see a list of available options. Those are:
- Quick Match - the game will match you automatically with other players, in a random mode. This is the easiest way to find a game, provided you do not want to play a specific mode - the game will be found in just a few seconds.
- Swarm Domination - the variation to the popular domination mode (present, for instance, in the Battlefield series or in the recently released The Division 2). In this mode the teams compete against each other, trying to capture and hold up to three different control zones.
- King of the Hill - another well-known game mode, in which the teams compete to capture a single points and hold it, earning points for as long as it remains under their control.
- Swarm Deathmatch - a team deathmatch game mode, in which two teams compete to kill as many players from the enemy team as possible, while surviving the onslaught of the zombies.
- Scavenge Raid - a game mode in which the teams compete to collect resources scattered around the map or to kill enemies carrying them and steal them from the fallen ones.
- Vaccine Hunt - a variation of the capture the flag mode, in which the flag is replaced by a vaccine. The team that hold the vaccine will earn points for as long as they do so.
Note - in each PvP mode in the game, the zombies will also be present on the battlefield, presenting an interesting twist to those well-known modes.
What are the classes available in PvP mode?
In every PvP mode in World War Z, you will be able to choose from a total of 10 different classes. Those are: Survivor, Trapper, Specialist, Warfighter, Phantom, Demolisher, Striker, Support, Assassin and Shadow. Each class has different starting loadout and perks to unlock.
Note - you can find more information about the PvP classes in World War Z in a separate chapter of this guide.