The Fixer character class in World War Z is one of the two support classes - along with the Medic - available in the game. The class is all about providing backup to other players in the team - either through giving them access to explosive ammo or by increasing the amount of regular and heavy weapons ammo everyone in the team can carry. In this chapter you will learn more about the Fixer class in World War Z.
Fixer class - general information
The Fixer is the purest support class of the game - a large portion of the class' skills are about providing assistance to teammates or increasing their effectiveness in combat. The core part of the class is the Supply Bag - a special item that the Fixer can set up anywhere on the battlefield, interacting with which will give a teammate (or you) a full clip of explosive rounds. Those bullets deal significantly higher damage than regular ones - they are even capable of damaging and quickly mowing down a Bull without the need to attack his weak spots. The class is also capable of increasing the amount of regular (for primary and secondary weapons) and heavy weapons (grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and so on) ammo that the entire team can carry.
The class starts with a Supply Bag and a Scout Rifle. Additionally, the class increases the carried ammo capacity for primary and secondary weapons of all teammates by 10%. It is also one of the two classes - along with the Fixer - to be able to start with a Breaching Charge.
The Core Perks of the class are: Mule, Please Stand Up, Efficiency and Corporate Power Nap. The descriptions of all of them can be found in the further part of this chapter.
Fixer - available perks
The Fixer, like other character classes in World War Z, has access to 31 different perks. All of the perks were presented in the following table.
0 - starter perk
Start with a Supply Bag and a Scout Rifle. Additionally, the class increases the carried ammo capacity for primary and secondary weapons of all teammates by 10%.
When a teammate uses your Supply Bag, there is a 20% chance that you will also gain explosive ammo.
Using a Supply Bag gives a 15% chance to restore one equipment charge.
Increases the revive speed by 50%.
Masking Grenades grant an additional temporary health boost. You start with Masking Grenades.
Masking Grenade gas is lethal to zombies. Start with Masking Grenades.
Stand by Me
Increases firearm damage by 50% for 10 seconds when reviving or unpinning a teammate.
You start with a Breaching Charge.
Give 'em Hell
Reviving a teammate grants explosive ammo for both of you.
Reviving a teammate grants masking effect for 3 seconds for both of you.
Please Stand Up
If everyone in a team is incapacitated or pinned by a zombie then the Fixer is able to stand up. The ability has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
My Round I
Increases carried ammo capacity for primary and secondary weapons by 10% for you and you temmates.
Health of the character is increased by 25%.
The character starts with a Sporting Carbine PAC-15.
One for the Road
Increases the Masking Grenade maximum capacity to 2 and Supply Bag maximum capacity to 2.
Kill 15 zombies in rapid succession for a 25% chance to refill your equipment by one charge.
25% chance to restore one equipment charge by killing a special zombie.
Anyone that uses your Supply Bag restores 20% of their primary weapon ammunition [base value is 10%].
Under the Table
You and your allies entering a Masking Grenade gas cloud restore 20% of primary ammo.
Go Get 'Em
Reviving a teammate will restore 15% of primary weapon's ammo for you and your teammate.
Supply Bag contains 25% more explosive ammo. Masking Grenade effect duration is increased by 5 seconds.
All semi-automatic rifles' reload speed is increased by 25%.
All semi-automatic rifles gain increased penetration.
The character starts with a Casull 6 in the secondary weapon slot.
Fourth of July
Supply Bag contains 25% more explosive ammo (the base value is 20% of primary weapon ammo).
The Masking Grenade effect duration is increased by 3 seconds (the base value is 6 seconds).
Masking Grenade gas cloud duration is increased by 3 seconds (the base value is 5 seconds). Start with Masking Grenades.
My Round II
Increases the carried ammo capacity for heavy weapons by 10% for the entire team.
Mortar and Stationary machinegun ammo capacity increased by 25% for the entire team. Durability of defenses increased by 25% for the entire team.
The Big Five 0
The character starts with an improved BF25 Payload Rifle that deals 25% more damage and has 50% more ammo. All BF25 Payload Rifle pickups are also improved.
Corporate Power Nap
Unequipped weapon automatically reloads every 10 seconds for all teammates.
Note - Firearm damage is the damage done with ranged weapons (shotguns, rifles, assault rifles, pistols, SMGs and so on). It does not affect melee damage done with Machetes and Chainsaws. The default effect of the Masking Grenade causes allies in the area of effect to become invisible to the zombies for the duration of the effect.
Fixer - tips
To sum up, we present a list of hints that will make playing the Fixer character class easier and more effective:
- The Fixer is probably the purest support class in the game, capable of providing himself and allies with explosive ammo, concealing everyone's position with Masking Grenades and heavily increasing the overall capabilities of the team.
- The main aspect of the Fixer class is its Supply Bag. The Supply Bag allows the player to distribute explosive ammo to other players - explosive bullets deal significantly higher damage to enemies and are even capable of taking out Bulls without the need to target his weak spots. The Supply Bag is an immensely important and useful item and a must-have on higher difficulty levels.
- The effectiveness of the Supply Bag can be further enhanced with various perks. The Kickback perk gives you 20% chance to receive explosive ammo as well once a teammate uses your Supply Bag, Give 'Em Hell grants explosive ammo to both you and the teammate you revive and the Instant Replay perk increases the amount of regular ammo your Supply Bag restores.
- The Fixer class can increase the ammo capacity of all of the team members. The My Round I and My Round II perks increase the amount of primary and secondary, as well as heavy weapons ammo the team can carry. This, coupled with the started Perk Mule, allows the Fixer to significantly boost the ammo capability of the team, allowing everyone to fight longer without the need to replenish stocks.
- The Fixer is one of the two classes in the game - together with the Hellraiser - to have access to a Breaching Charge. The class gains access to this immensely useful tool after advancing to level 7, via the Knock Knock perk. This is a must-have perk that should be purchased as soon as it is unlocked, allowing the team to access additional weapons and tools during missions.
- The Masking Grenade of the Fixer class is one of the most powerful items in the game. In its "regular" form, the Masking Grenade allows the player to conceal their location - once the player enters the area of effect of the grenade, he/she becomes invisible to nearby infected for several seconds.
- The Masking Grenade can be further enhanced with the help of other perks. The Side Effects perk allows the grenade to hurt nearby zombies (it still remains safe for the living), dealing damage over time and Under the Table perk allows allies to restore 20% of their primary weapon ammo when entering the cloud.
- The Fixer class has access to probably the most powerful perk in the game, Please Stand Up. Once all of the players are incapacitated or pinned down by a zombie, the Fixer can get up without anyone's assistance. The effect is especially useful on higher difficulty levels and can occur every 60 seconds.
- The weapon type of the Fixer class is the semi-automatic rifle. The class can use other firearms, but semi-automatic rifles are still recommended, due to the amount of perks associated with that group of weapons.
Note - you will eventually unlock all of the perks, but you should focus on the one you are really going to need, as unlocking them all will require a substantial amount of Supplies.