The Gunslinger character class in World War Z is the class focused around increasing the overall effectiveness of weapons, grenades and damage dealt by the class, as well as the entire team. This makes it a good choice for beginners, as it is easy to understand and relatively quick to master. In this chapter you will learn more about the Gunslinger class in World War Z.
Gunslinger class - general information
The Gunslinger class is basically a firearms specialist - a large portion of its perks increase the effectiveness of weapons the class uses, along with some enhancements to grenades and overall character effectiveness. As you progress in the Gunslinger class, you will be able to decrease the effects of friendly fire in the entire team, increase the reload speed (and give special abilities related to the mechanic) and increase ammo capacity and damage of weapons. The final perk of the class, War Face, offers a huge boost to damage for the entire party.
The class starts with Frag Grenades and Compact SMG. The special ability of the class is the fact that movement has no effect on accuracy of the weapons (you can shoot while moving) and the recoil of weapons is greatly reduced.
Gunslinger - available perks
The Gunslinger, like other character classes in World War Z, has access to 31 different perks. All of the perks were presented in the following table.
0 - starter perk
Gimme A Reason
The character starts with a frag grenade and compact SMG. Movement has no effect on weapon accuracy, recoil effect is also reduced.
Fire In The Hol
Frag Grenades Can Kill 25% more targets (base value: 14).
Frag grenades explode on contact.
Unequipped weapons automatically reload after 10 seconds.
Reload speed increased by 25% on all weapons.
Front Line Supply
Headshots made with a primary or a secondary weapon automatically restore 5% rounds to the magazine.
Reloading a weapon with less than 25% ammo in the magazine provides a 50% boost to reload speed for 5 seconds.
You start with improved MAGS machine gun that deals 25% more damage and has 25% more ammo. All MAGS machinegun pickups are improved as well.
You start with sporting carbine PAC-15
This is My Rifle
You start with ARK-103 Assault Rifle.
Seek And Destroy
All active special zombies within a radius of 20 meter around the player will be automatically marked.
You deal 25% more damage to special zombies.
Health of the character is increased by 25%.
Sleight of Hands
You are able to switch weapons 50% faster.
Draining primary and then secondary weapons magazines automatically reloads primary weapon.
While both the primary and secondary weapons magazines of the characters are empty, you can perform two more melee strikes without fatigue and damage 1 more target with each melee strike.
When pinned down the character will automatically rise up and push the attackers back (does not affect special zombies).
The ammo of stationary machine guns is increased by 25% for all teammates.
You start with a S890 Shorty in your secondary weapon slot.
You start with a Senjata PWD in your secondary weapon slot.
Friendly fire damage is reduced by 50%.
Ammo capacity for primary and secondary weapons increased by 25%.
Pistol damage is increased by 25%.
Restore 1% of primary weapon ammo for each kill made with equipment.
The number of frag grenades a character can carry is increased to 3.
Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 25% chance to refill 1 equipment charge.
Gives 50% chance to refill one Frag Grenade for killing a special zombie with a headshot.
Primary, secondary and heavy weapons deal 15% more damage.
Switching between primary and secondary weapons increase firearm damage by 25% for 3 seconds.
Reloading a weapon with less than 25% ammo in a magazine provides the character with a 25% firearm damage boost for 5 seconds.
Killing 25 zombies in a rapid succession gives 50% firearm damage boost to the whole team for 20 seconds.
Note - Firearm damage is the damage done with ranged weapons (shotguns, rifles, assault rifles, pistols, SMGs and so on). It does not affect melee damage done with Machetes and Chainsaws.
Gunslinger - tips
To sum up, we present a list of hints that will make playing a Gunslinger character class easier and more effective:
- The main purpose of the Gunslinger class is to deal damage to the enemy forces with firearms (ranged weapons).
- The Gunslinger class has access to extremely powerful buffs for the entire team. For instance, My Bad (unlocked at level 20) decreases friendly fire damage by 50%, an immense value that is a must-have on the Insane difficulty level where only a few bullets can kill a teammate.
- The Gunslinger also has access to multiple buffs increasing damage. With the combination of War Face, Thrifty and Switcheroo, the player can deal 100% increased (double!) damage to infected, mowing down through zombies and special infected.
- The Gunslinger class is effective as a support. The Seek and Destroy perk will allow you to mark all special infected within a 20-meter radius, making them easy to pinpoint by your allies and Welcoming Committee will increase the ammo for stationary machineguns (both regular and Automated) by 25%, increasing the defensive capabilities of the team.
- The class has access to multiple perks unlocking new weapons. You should not unlock them one after another if you do not want to test out the weapons - save the Supplies for other perks and find the weapons you want to test in the game.
- The Gunslinger class has one of the most powerful perks in the game, the starting one Gimme a Reason. It allows the character to shoot accurately while moving and severely decreases recoil effect. This allows the Gunslinger to be more effective at fighting while on the move, as well as to use weapons with high recoil more accurately.
Note - you will eventually unlock all of the perks, but you should focus on the one you are really going to need, as unlocking them all will require a substantial amount of Supplies.