This section of the Wolfenstein: Youngblood guide contains a complete set of information about the beginning of the game, specifically the choice of sisters and levels of difficulty. This will allow you to better prepare for your desired campaign.
Selecting a sister
The most important information is that choosing a sister is not a key decision, as both heroines can use the same abilities and weapons. If you play as a host or offline, then you can choose between Jessica and Sophie. If, in turn, you are playing in another player's session or as a guest, the sister you'll play as you may be imposed onto you.
Before you start a campaign, you must also identify a number of additional factors:
- Choose 1 of 2 skins of the main part of the armor - More armor skins can be purchased for silver coins in the course of the game. We described that in the Can I change the look of the character? in the FAQ section of our guide.
- Choose 1 of the 2 hat skins, you can also choose no hat. This does not affect the statistics of the controlled sister and is only cosmetic in nature.
- Choose 1 from 2 starting weapons - a Pistol is, in our view, the more interesting choice, because it is immediately equipped with the silencer. Both weapons can be found during the game, so you will not miss the opportunity to use any of them.
- Choose 1 of 2 melee weapons - Both weapons (machete and knife) are equally effective. Also, in this case, new varieties of melee weapons (and throwable ones), can be found during the game.
- Choose 1 of 2 starting active abilities - Crush is the best choice if you are going to play very offensively, and Cloak is recommended if you plan a more stealthy approach. Both abilities can be unlocked for development points. The ability that was not selected at the beginning of the game will cost you 5 points.
- Choose 1 of 2 varieties of doping/peps - Health Pep can renew a small portion of the health of both sisters, and Armor Pep can partially restore their armor. Another pep can be bought for silver coins during the game.
The choice of difficulty level
The difficulty level can be changed in the options menu - under the "Gameplay" tab. By default, the game recommends a normal difficulty level and, in our opinion, this is the best choice. It offers a fairly high level of complexity, but at the same time should not cause irritation.
A few additional comments:
- When determining the level of difficulty take into account with whom you are going to play. If you want to play a co-op mode with a less experienced player, he may have problems even with the normal difficulty level. Do not be afraid of weak performance on the part of artificial intelligence. It copes very well, although a sister controlled by the AI won't destroy all the Nazis by herself, and she may fall on the battlefield.
- By default, the Uber difficulty level is not available. You have to finish the campaign to unlock it.