On this page of our game guide to Wasteland 3 you can find a detailed description and walkthrough of the Unwelcome Guests mission. This walkthrough will help you to successfully complete this task.
- Talk to Gideon Reyes in Broadmoor Heights;
- go to the Bizarre and speak with human smugglers;
- search the camp of human smugglers;
- find someone in the Bizarre that could help refugees in reaching Colorado Springs;
- talk to Mama Cotter;
- return to Reyes.
Once you complete the Cornered Rats task, a man named Gideon Reyes will contact you. He will ask you to meet him at a church in Broadmoor Heights.
Once you get there, the man wants you to help him deal with the problem of refugees coming into town. It indicates that the cause of the problem are the smugglers who live in the Bizarre.
To get to the designated place, you must go to the Ranger HQ. That's where you can get into Kodiak, which allows you to move around Colorado. As soon as you get there, you'll find Anand Rabindranath. Talk to him and he'll give you the Knock, Knock task.
The smugglers camp is located in the eastern part of the area. Only a bridge leads to the camp. Unfortunately, there is no possibility of a peaceful solution here. During combat, focus on getting to the higher part of the camp. This way, the opponents will lose their advantage.
After the battle, search the bodies of fallen enemies. In one of the corpses you will find a key that can be used to unlock a room in the lower part of the camp. Enter the room and talk to the refugees there - they will ask you to take them to Colorado Springs.
This task will be undertaken by Pareidolia Jones that resides inside the Bizarre (you can get there after completing the Knock, Knock task). However, she won't do it for free - in return, she wants $300. If you have Barter 6 or Hard Ass 7, then you don't have to pay her.
When you manage to deal with the refugees you have to go back to Colorado Springs and talk to Mama Cotter. She is located near the workshop where the doctor was providing his medical services. You can end this task in 3 ways:
- you let Mama Cotter continue her work, that is, let her smuggle more refugees (this will increase your Wastelander Refugees reputation);
- Rangers will arrest Mama for her illegal actions (this will increase your Hundred Families reputation and decrease your Wastelander Refugees reputation);
- Sheriffs will arrest Mama. Due to the fear of this group, you will have to fight (this will increase your Hundred Families reputation and decrease your Wastelander Refugees reputation).
Finally, return to Reyes and let him know how the case ended.