This page of the Vampyr guide describes the main story quest called "And by The Sword you die". Jonathan must go to the hospital attacked by Geoffrey McCullum.
- Outside, you meet Old Bridget (if Sean Hampton did not kill her) who will give you information about Lady Ashbury and the situation in the hospital.
- Head to the hospital - you will encounter a lot of enemies along the way. Enter the building and run to Edgar Swansea's office. Start the vampire's vision mode and follow the blood to the open attic.
- Use the elevator and you will come across Geoffrey McCullum. He challenges you - this is another boss fight.
- Geoffrey is a pretty strong boss who wields a powerful sword. His attacks take a lot of health which means that they must be avoided.
- In addition, light beams will appear in the arena, resembling headlights. Standing in them reduces Jonathan's health points. Avoid both the lights and the boss' attacks.
- At first, Geoffrey will try a ranged combat. He will shoot at you. However, his attacks are very easy to avoid. Also, the opponent is exposed to attacks.
- The fight becomes harder after reducing half of his health. He will start charging at you with the sword. Also, more lights will appear. Conserve your ammo for this part of the fight - defeat the boss with a firearm, e.g. a shotgun.
- You now have two choices. You can save Geoffrey or use XP to turn him into a vampire.
- Once you make your choice, the mission will end. It's time to go to Edgar Swansea for help!