- Step 1: Don't drink the citizens' blood
- Step 2: Find missing citizens
- Step 3: Don't embrace Clay Cox
- Step 4: Spare Dorothy Crane
- Step 5: Let Sean Hampton drink your blood
- Step 6: Turn Aloysius Dawson into a vampire
- Step 7: Heal Doctor Swansea with your blood
Step 1: Don't drink the citizens' blood
- This is an obvious step but you should remember about it nonetheless. Forget about drinking blood if you want everyone to stay alive. You weaken Jonathan - he will complete the game without almost any experience granted by sucking blood. This isn't impossible to do, although it makes the final part of the game more difficult - enemies are at much higher levels than yours.
Step 2: Find missing citizens
A missing character can be found in almost every district. That character dies if you learn their location (start an investigation) but you don't help them during the same night. Here is the list of the characters in need:
- Pembroke Hospital - Oswald Thatcher is imprisoned in the sewers near the hospital.
- Whitechapel - Cadogan Bates is imprisoned away from Whitechapel. He is kept inside of a house between Pembroke and Whitechapel. Hsiao Shun is kept at the cemetery, locked in an underground crypt.
- The Docks - Rodney Grader is hiding in the city sewers, near Skals' settlement.
- West End - Louise Teasdale is kept by an Ekon in the city sewers. Kimura Tadao can be found near the entrance to West End - he is locked in a building.
Note: if you have problems with finding the citizens, check out the guide's pages dedicated to investigations. There, you can learn their whereabouts.
Step 3: Don't embrace Clay Cox
- During "Take Me to the Hospital" mission which happens in chapter 1 you come across wounded Clay Cox. Take him to a safe place and release. Drinking his blood will kill the man instantly.
Step 4: Spare Dorothy Crane
This choice happens during the mission called "Blackmail in Whitechapel" in the second chapter. You can decide what you want to do with Dorothy Crane. You can charm her, spare or embrace.
- Sparing Dorothy is the correct choice. Thanks to that the woman will appear in the asylum next night to heal other citizens. Collect hints about the woman to be able to use this particular option.
Step 5: Let Sean Hampton drink your blood
This choice happens in the chapter 3 mission called "Give a Dog a Bad Name". During it you go back to Sean Hampton, who has been turned into a Skal, and you get a chance to decide what you want to do with the man.
- Letting him drink Jonathan's blood and sacrificing XP is the right choice. Hampton frees himself from the blood thirst and can go back to his work in refuge.
Step 6: Turn Aloysius Dawson into a vampire
During "Unnatural Selection" mission you come across dying Aloysius Dawson. Even though this isn't the best choice from a moral point of view, you have to turn the man into a vampire. This is the only way to let this old man live.
- During the conversation with Aloysius, you have to sacrifice experience points and turn the man into a vampire.
Step 7: Heal Doctor Swansea with your blood
This choice happens during "Science without Conscience". This is the last important choice in Vampyr. Doctor Swansea is dying and you can choose what you want to do with him.
- If you want him to live, you have to sacrifice XP (you need 3,000!) and let Swansea to drink Jonathan's blood. This allows him to go back to Pembroke Hospital the next night.
These are all the most important choices in the game that have impact on lives of individual citizens. Remember that you also need to be sure that districts have a sufficiently high health level (it can't go down below critical) and to heal sick by using medicaments.