In Vampyr you have a free hand - you can finish the game as a killer, hunter or a good doctor who has won over his hunger. In the following chapter you will find the most important information related to this alternatives, together with a list of the differences.
Killing or helping NPCs in Vampyr
- Killing the inhabitants makes the game much easier, because by sucking the blood Jonathan becomes stronger and gains a lot of experience.
- In order to suck blood from the inhabitant, during the dialogue you have to enchant him, take him to a secluded place (the game will point them out for us) and perform an act of sucking.
- Every inhabitant has a certain level of hypnotism required to put them into a trance. Jonathan can only suck blood from characters whose level of hypnotism is less than or equal to that of the hero. More importantly, don't put your victims down before the end of the game.
- The killing of residents affects the overall health of a district. In the game, a district can reach several levels of health: Disinfected, Healthy, Stable, Serious, Critical and Hostile. When people die, health deteriorates significantly, and when the critical level is over, the district will collapse - enemies will appear.
- When you get to know the characters in the district better, you get tips and hints about them. Each unblocked tip increases the level of experience for blood sucking. So the best way to help others is to get to know them the best way and if we plan to kill the NPCs - to suck blood at the very end.
- You can finish the game without killing others. It's a bit more difficult - but with the right way, Vampyr is not a very demanding game. So don't worry that the game can be very difficult due to abstinence from sucking blood.
- Killed residents often leave their keys, giving you access to their private belongings, which are often locked in crates or safes in their rooms.
Clay Cox - first opportunity to suck blood
When you reach the Pembroke Hospital at the beginning of the game, you will meet the wounded Clay Cox. Your task is to transport the injured person to a safe place. You will be able to suck blood from Clay (you will kill him), or leave him alone. Blood will strengthen Jonathan and make the game easier to start, but you will lose the opportunity to get tips for Cox. Thus, you won't get the maximum experience potential available to this character. In short, it's not worth sucking out the characters for this moment - it's better to wait.