Blackmail in Whitechapel | Vampyr Walkthrough Vampyr Guide and Walkthrough
Last update: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
This chapter contains the solution to the "Blackmail in Whitechapel" mission in Vampyr.
- Go back to the hospital after the fight. Quite a few enemies will be reborn, so keep your guard up. Soon, you will go to another district - get some supplies, heal some of the inhabitants. Distribute your XP and get ready for the expedition.
- You need to reach Whitechapel - on your way, you will encounter many thugs (levels 10-12). Try to take them on one by one - in case of trouble, just run.
- Before going to Whitechapel, you will meet a small welcoming party. Three thugs, including Roger "The Wall" on level 12. Eliminate his buddies first and then try to circle around him and use quick punches.
- In Whitechapel, you will meet quite a few citizens with their own problems and new clues. You should invest some time into learning the environment. You can visit a vendor and buy upgrades for your favorite weapons.
- Go to the marker and talk to Darius Petrescu. Unfortunately, the man won't let you in. You have to analyze the actions of the man - go to the near gate and listen to his conversation with Dorothy Crane.
- Go to the church - you will find Claytona Darby, the journalist. Talk to him about Darius Petrescu. You will learn that he's visited a post box. Now go to the cemetery (you will have to fight a few scales) and talk to Richard Nithercotte about Darius.
- Now go to the post box and take the letter. Go back to Darius and use the newly unlocked dialogue option and you will be allowed in. Talk to the man and take another collectible and go to Dorothy's.
- Poke about downstairs, collect all the useful things and go upstairs. Try to help the woman and save the dying patient. Talk to the woman about the blackmailing. You can choose three options: spare her in exchange for her resignation; charm her and wipe her memory or drink her blood and hill her right away.
- Each decision has consequences - I have opted for charm, which led to the vanishing of the woman the following night. Later on, I have found her as an undead (level 20+).
- Leave the hut. There will be many thugs in Whitechapel (levels 10-12). Go back to the hospital. You will encounter a boss - you have to face Vincent and Toby Sheens.
- The fight is difficult. Toby Sheen has a gun and Vincent is trying to close in. They also call reinforcements of two additional thugs - if you kill them, new will appear.
- You should keep your distance, try to keep Toby around the back - approach him quickly, hit a few times and then catch some distance again. Repeat that until the first boss is dead. Then you can focus on Vincent - the strategy is similar: hit a few times and retreat to regenerate - repeat. Don't risk exposing yourself to attacks when the enemies have such superiority in numbers. Take it easy and deal damage consequently.
- Go back to the hospital and tell Lady Ashbury, that the blackmailing will end. Then go to your office and do an analysis of Razvan Vasil's blood sample. Mission's finished!