This chapter will guide you through the prologue of Vampyr. The game's first stage is rather short. Jonathan has to flee some men. In this part of the game, you will learn the combat basics, as well as the outline of the story.
- After the clip finishes, you will be able to control the protagonist. Follow the blood trail and approach the woman. Press the indicated button. A cutscene will commence, where Jonathan succumbs to his dark blood lust for the first time.
- After the cutscene ends, run straight Ahead, take the stairs up and go through the alley. Keep to the right and run through the narrow passages. You will eventually encounter a stack of barrels - pull the knife out of the corpse.
- Destroy the barricades and keep running. You will soon encounter three enemies - the game will teach you basic combat. You will learn how to dodge, switch targets and perform attacks.
- After the cutscene, in which Jonathan is burned by sunrays, start walking straight ahead. Take down the enemy, who has a gun and enter the building through the door that says "Keep out."
- Whilst inside, you can interact with a few items that will provide you with info about the protagonist's past. Downstairs, on a shelf, you can also find a collectable Fire and Sun. You should also collect other items - not only now, but in general, throughout the whole game. Make a habit of collecting stuff, so you can use these things later for crafting, etc.
- After checking out all items, pick up the gun, lay on the bed, and try to commit suicide. Jonathan will wake up a few hours later - we're cursed, and blessed, as the book says.
- You will now be able to develop some of Jonathan's skills. Unlocking Autophagy along with one offensive ability is an absolute must. Personally, I recommend the Blood Spear, which is able to deal decent amounts of damage.
- After making this choice, you will begin Chapter I: Quarantine and automatically start the quest "Eternal Thirst". Time for the proper game!