On this page of our guide to Valorant, we have prepared a set of tips that can be useful during gameplay on the Split map.
Split is one of the maps available in Valorant, which has two Spike locations and three main paths - two on the sides and one in the middle (Mid). Split favours the defensive team because there are only two narrow routes leading to the charge planting spot, making them easier to defend.
- It is much easier to defend on Split than to attack - you need to keep both roles in mind when composing a team.
- On Split there are only two narrow roads leading to Spike's location, making it easy for the defenders to defend themselves. During an attack, you must use many skills that blind and limit the opponents' sight.
- On Split, there are two orbs that give you 1 point towards unlocking your Ultimate after picking up. The first is located at A Main and the second is located at B Main. If you have this opportunity, collect them to access your character's ultimate abilities faster.
- Defenders can move quickly from point A to point B using the Mid Vent.
- When attacking point A, pay special attention to opponents waiting on A Ramps.
- Mid Top is easy to defend against attacks coming from A Sewers and Mid Bottom - a single wall placed by Sage in front of the stairs is enough.
- Grenades or other area skills can cause enormous damage in cramped passages, corridors, and small rooms.
- On Split, players can get injured by jumping off the Tower (Heaven) on points A and B.
- The best defensive characters recommended for the Haven map are Cypher and Sage.
- The best offensive characters for the Haven are Brimstone, Breach, Raze, Sage, Sova, and Phoenix.
Read more about moving around the map or planting and disarming Spikes here:
- Moving around the map
- Spike - planting and disarming