Valorant is a multiplayer online shooter in which players take part in 5 vs 5 team matches. Players can choose one of various characters that have different fighting styles and abilities. Each character has unique skills - main ability, which is available during each match for free and two optional skills which can be purchased at the beginning of the round. Also, there is a special fourth ability (ultimate skill) that can be obtained only after you have killed enough enemies or captured power spheres available on the map. From the beginning of the game, players have access to a store where they can buy various types of weapons - main firearms, secondary weapons, and additional shields that can protect them from damage. All items in the store can be bought for virtual currency, which is earned during gameplay. Tactics is one of the most important aspects of Valorant. Each map is designed in such a way that many different strategies can be used or developed.
- How to get access to the Valorant closed beta
- Quick starting tips
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- System Requirements
How to get access to the Valorant closed beta
- Create a Riot Games account
- Link your Riot Games account with your Twitch account
- Watch specific streams on the Twitch platform
- Download the game, install it and play!
You can learn more about it from the separate page of our guide!
Quick starting tips
Before you start your adventures in Valorant, it's worth knowing the main tips that will increase your chance of victory, make team play easier and help you get more frags. The set of advice is primarily addressed to new players.
- Regularly communicate with your team - Valorant is based on team play and close collaboration of all players, so you should be in constant contact with the team, preferably by using a built-in voice chat.
- Listen to your surroundings - all sounds in Valorant, such as sounds of walking steps, jumping on crates, gunshots, spoken questions of characters, use of ultimate skills, throwing grenades, etc. are extremely well audible and will help you know which side your opponent may be coming from or where the fight is currently taking place.
- Loot weapons and items - remember that a dropped weapon, for example, after enemy's death can be picked up and collected. If the round has just ended and you have spotted a more valuable weapon on the ground then take it with you to the next round.
- Team purchases - in Valorant, players can buy equipment directly for another team member. Therefore, there is no need to buy weapons and drop them on the ground like in the case of Counter Strike Global Offensive.
- Carefully aim before you shoot your weapon - if you miss, you'll betray your position and you may not get a second chance to shoot.
- Shoot from the spot - always try to shoot at the end of the movement. Shooting while moving may significantly reduce your accuracy.
- Aim at opponent's head - headshots are definitely the fastest way to eliminate the target. As you move around the map, try to keep your sight on the level of your opponent's head.
- Check all corners and nooks - move around the map in such a way to check all areas. Players are usually attacked and shot when they go too far beyond the edge of the wall/obstacle.
- Disarm bombs - if an opponent sets up a bomb, it's not enough to just eliminate the whole team of enemy forces to complete the round. You also have to disarm the explosive charge. Only then will the round be completed in your favor. To disarm the bomb, stand in the middle of the marked circle and use a disarming device.
- Learn all maps - getting to know the map well will greatly increase your chances of winning the match. You will gain valuable information such as which way to move from point A to point B or where your opponents appear most often.
- Teleport - teleports available on Valorant maps work in one direction only. Once you have used a teleport, you won't be able to go back the same way.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
We answer basic questions about the Valorant, for example, whether the game is free to play, where to download it from, whether there are micropayments in the game. It's a small compendium of knowledge about the content and changes introduced in the game.
When does the closed beta of Valorant start and who will be able to play it?
Valorant closed beta will start on April 7th and is available to players from: Europe, Canada, USA, Turkey, Russia and CIS countries (Commonwealth of Independent States). It is possible that players from other parts of the world will be able to join the gameplay a bit later.
Since when can you get access to the Valorant closed beta?
Access to the Valorant closed beta can be gained from April 3 by watching specific streams on Twitch. Streamers that have the DROP option available will surely put the relevant information in the title of their streams. Click HERE to move to the Valorant tab on the Twitch platform.
Where can I download Valorant?
Valorant can be downloaded directly on the official website of the game. Click ON THIS LINK to visit the download page. After entering the website, just click on the "Download" button and the game client will be downloaded. The download process will start after you launch the client.
Is Valorant a free to play game?
Yes, Valorant is a free to play game for all players, but not everyone can participate in the closed beta tests. In order to get access to a closed beta you have to follow the appropriate steps. For more information about accessing the Valorant closed beta, please check the relevant section of this guide.
Are there any micropayments in Valorant?
Yes, there are micropayments available in Valorant. Valorant Points are used to do in-game shopping. Use them to buy cosmetic items and unlock other game content.
Does the progress made during the Valorant closed beta will be transferred to the full game?
No, at the end of the Valorant closed beta period, the game progress and all achieved content will be wiped to zero. However, players will be able to keep their Valorant Points - if you have bought the game currency, you will get it back with a 20% bonus. For example, if you buy 1,000 Valorant Points during a closed beta, you will receive 1,200 Valorant Points at the end of the testing phase.
Are there teleports on Valorant maps?
Yes, there are teleports available on Valorant maps that make it easier to move around the map from point A to B. However, please note that teleports only work in one direction, so you cannot use them to return to your previous position.
How many maps are there in Valorant?
Currently, information has been made public that two maps will be available in Valorant closed beta. Most likely, the list of available maps in Valorant will continue to expand.
Can you shoot through doors and obstacles in Valorant?
Yes, most weapons in Valorant have bullets that have a certain penetration power. This means that an opponent hiding behind a thin wall, door or lurking around the corner of a wooden crate cannot feel completely safe. An obstacle between the player and target will absorb some of the damage received, but cannot completely eliminate it. When a target is eliminated by shooting through an obstacle, an icon will appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
Are headshots deadly in Valorant?
Yes, headshots in Valorant are extremely dangerous and cause a lot of damage. By using stronger weapons that the basic firearms, players are able to inflict tremendous amount of damage that can kill an opponent with a single shot.
Is there a bhopping mechanic in Valorant?
Yes, on official promotional content provided by Riot Games, which can be found on their official YT channel, you can notice that professional players testing Valorant use the Bhopping technique. Bhopping (Bunny hop) is a technique that is used to increase character mobility. Bhopping allows you to stay in constant motion. Just use the jump button (pressed immediately after touching the ground) and strafe a lot.
Is Valorant available on Steam?
No, Valorant is not available on VALVE platform. To play Valorant, the player must download The Riot Games client, which is available here.
Are there ultimate skills in Valorant?
Yes, each of the characters available in Valorant has a special ultimate skill. The ultimate ability is enabled after you have killed enough enemies or collected some power spheres available on the map.
Can you pick up a weapon dropped by your enemy in Valorant?
Yes, the defeated opponent drops his weapon and you can pick it up. Most importantly, you can move with the looted weapon to the next round and save some cash in the shopping round.
Do I have to stand in a certain place when disarming a bomb in Valorant?
Yes, to disarm a bomb in Valorant, you have to be in the right spot (the points where the bomb is placed are indicated by the letters A, B and C). Furthermore, the disarming player must be located in the middle of the disarming circle in order to start the procedure.
Is Valorant available on consoles?
Unfortunately, Valorant is not available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Currently, Valorant can only be played on PCs and there is no official information whether the game will be available for consoles or not.
Below we have listed the official minimum and recommended PC system requirements of Valorant. It is worth noting the fact that the developers managed to keep the hardware requirements of Valorant as low as possible, and at the same time provide every player with a great gaming comfort - even while playing on older equipment.
Minimum system requirements - Valorant
- Operating System - Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Processor - Intel Core i3-370m 2.4 GHz
- Memory - 4 GB RAM
- Graphics card - Intel HD 3000 or better
- Disk space - about 10 GB
Recommended system requirements - Valorant
- Operating System - Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Processor - Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz
- Memory - 4 GB RAM
- Graphics card - 1 GB GeForce GT 730 or better
- Disk space - about 10 GB
About Valorant Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Filip "Mithgandir" Liebert
last update : April 9, 2020
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Valorant Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Riot Games
- publisher: Riot Games
- platform: PC
Valorant is a free online first-person shooter that focus on tactics and the appropriate use of the special abilities of heroes. The production also pays great attention to offering equal opportunities to players. The development and release of Valorant was done by Riot Games.
Valorant is an online shooter, where the player takes part in 5 vs 5 matches. We have at our disposal a few heroes with different fighting styles. Each hero has skills - the basic one, available in each match for free, two optional ones, which can be purchased at the beginning of the round, and a fourth special one, which is obtained after making a sufficient number of killings or collecting power spheres available on the map.
Players have access to a full arsenal of weapons from the beginning of the game. In order to be active during a match, a weapon must be purchased for the virtual currency that you get during the game.
An important part of the gameplay in Valorant is tactics. Each map is designed in such a way that many different strategies can be used.
Valorant is based on the popular Unreal Engine 4 - the graphic design is maintained in a slightly comic book-like style, reminiscent of Team Fortress 2 or Overwatch.
Riot Games also made sure that Valorant was as accessible as possible. The game has been developed in such a way that its system requirements are as low as possible. In addition, players don't have to deal with big lags during the game. This effect was obtained thanks to the studio's network infrastructure and cooperation with internet providers.
Developers of Valorant has also focused on the fight against cheaters. The game has been designed to minimize the risk of potential cheating - a fog of war has been used to make it impossible to read the positions of players out of sight, and traffic and shooting calculations are made on servers.
In Valorant there is only a multiplayer mode.
More About Valorant
The two biggest premieres of the month are definitely The Last of Us 2 and Valorant. In June, we will also play new Desperaros, returning after many years, a remasters of Command and Conquer series and a handful of interesting independent games.